Var debate 2019/20

Well tonight Pogba dived and no contact was made and it never even got looked at. Fixed.
I was talking about tonight’s pen. There was contact but it looked like he put his leg there but it wasn’t clear and obvious so was never gonna be overuled unless it Raheem Sat was clear and obvious and wasn’t given which is frustrating.

Sterling as whu was classed as an offside but Wolves goal was classed as onside from the wing player.. Just shows us how fucking bent and corupt the System as an all îs and why the bent fuckers are after us this season
But it wasn’t offside as he passed the ball backwards to his teamate . Don’t even know why they looked at the line between guy that crossed it and last man. Idiots don’t know offside rule

I thought I might, sorry about that.

Without finding a clip to review and therefore having to rely on memory, it looked to me that the contact off Laporte moved it to Jesus facing the right way, rather than having to turn.

I'm not denying that the law is a problem, but I do think it was correctly applied. It's mostly a trouble of the law being clarified into black and white, and not allowing for opinion from the ref. That could play either way, but presumably was in response to a demand for clarification.

You'd be completely wrong to rely on memory then. Jesus has to run back to get the ball and he got if first because he reacted more quickly than any Spurs player. Hard to be certain if one of the Spurs players could have got to it first but the ball doesn't drop into Jesus' path.

I don't think the law has been applied correctly here.

The key to that penalty decision tonight was that Moss couldn’t wait to award the spot kick, if it was us he wouldn’t have given it. Then VAR for us would claim it wasn’t clear and obvious mistake so no pen whereas for the scum it gets left as a pen.

Subtle difference.

That may well be what the PL said ... but that is not what Law 12 says anywhere.

Nor does Law 12 differentiate between attackers and defenders in its application.

Law 12 also says it was a penalty for Rodri

Read Law 12 on the FA site .... it’s all there in black and white.
And the latest is :

There will be no review of the handball law after Gabriel Jesus' disallowed goal for Manchester City against Tottenham, say football's rule-makers.

A video assistant referee (VAR) review ruled the ball had brushed Aymeric Laporte's arm in the build-up to Jesus' effort in the Premier League game.

The law, amended on 1 June, states any use of the hand which leads to a goal or a chance will be penalised.

Law-makers Ifab said one incident would not trigger a review.
Lukas Brud, a spokesperson for the International Football Association Board, added: "The laws are fairly clear. It's more about acceptance and communication rather than saying, 'Oh, now we have to react immediately and change something'.

"We constantly monitor what is happening in football every day. If we feel that something needs to be reviewed, then of course we put it on the agenda, we discuss it with the various bodies of the Ifab, including our panels who also bring comments forward sometimes."
The fuckers have got a nerve.Even they`re saying there`s an Agenda.

Last edited:
The key to that penalty decision tonight was that Moss couldn’t wait to award the spot kick, if it was us he wouldn’t have given it. Then VAR for us would claim it wasn’t clear and obvious mistake so no pen whereas for the scum it gets left as a pen.

Subtle difference.
That about sums it up perfectly

And the latest is :

There will be no review of the handball law after Gabriel Jesus' disallowed goal for Manchester City against Tottenham, say football's rule-makers.

A video assistant referee (VAR) review ruled the ball had brushed Aymeric Laporte's arm in the build-up to Jesus' effort in the Premier League game.

The law, amended on 1 June, states any use of the hand which leads to a goal or a chance will be penalised.

Law-makers Ifab said one incident would not trigger a review.
Lukas Brud, a spokesperson for the International Football Association Board, added: "The laws are fairly clear. It's more about acceptance and communication rather than saying, 'Oh, now we have to react immediately and change something'.

"We constantly monitor what is happening in football every day. If we feel that something needs to be reviewed, then of course we put it on the agenda, we discuss it with the various bodies of the Ifab, including our panels who also bring comments forward sometimes."
In other words stfu and accept it as we are not going to change it

Subtle difference.
Absolutely spot on ..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.