Referee/Officials Thread 2019/20

I find myself shouting ‘get out of the fucking way ref” more and more, they are all shite.

Actually a ref has to cover the space the opposite linesmen cannot.
That's why they normally cover the diagonale from our right edge of the box
across the centre spot to our left attacking space - where Merlin mainly operates.

Some refs are better at moving around, others are often in the player's way.
Players simply have to cope.

I've seen Dave bend the ball round the ref a couple of times this season. I think one was Alty.

I'd have been much happier if he'd just smacked him in the bollocks with to be honest. I'm not sure how the ref could complain though.
Only a consummate professional footballer like Silva could keep his cool and notverbal the ref marking him ...and poss getting booked for dissent..And ..if as u say...he has bent the ball around the ref a couple of times it shows just how talented he is...find a way round obvious cheating..using skill.

How the funk did utd get awarded two penalties and have VAR decisions every time they got into the Norwich box?
Utd don't know how to attack.
Even a rag I spoke to today said that both their pens were laughable, the first one especially

Im on one this afternoon Colin.lol

As frustrating as the whole ref / VAR shit is, nobody in the FA / PL / PiGMOL cabal is going to take any notice of their obvious efforts to " disrupt and distort results " until one of theirmedia darlings gets shafted by one of them, and then the poor fucker will be instantly removed and from their list.

They are a toxic mix of incompetence and corrupt application.

It's because the Linesman isn't on that side of the pitch so the referee always stays to the left of the attacking third. Annoying as fuck to see but that's the reason behind it as far as i'm aware @richardtheref may be able to confirm?
That's correct so in theory the ref on our left can see issues that happen and the lino can help on the other side. Funny how they never seem to be in the way own the oppositions left, our right!

Last edited:
Actually a ref has to cover the space the opposite linesmen cannot.
That's why they normally cover the diagonale from our right edge of the box
across the centre spot to our left attacking space - where Merlin mainly operates.

Some refs are better at moving around, others are often in the player's way.
Players simply have to cope.
My word my head is hurting after that explanation.

My word my head is hurting after that explanation.

;-)
The ref should mainly find his best position along the black line
and keep the play between himself and the linesman (AR1 or AR2):

soccerfield.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.