Post Match Thread - United (h)

I watched Dave closely yesterday, it was painful at times.

There was at least three occasions when De Gea had the freedom of going quick and passing straight into the centre.

It resulted in the second goal. Some people might only see the pivotal moments that lead directly to a goal?

I saw Silva standing essentially as a fucking striker without once being aware that McTominay was in acres and running right off the back of him.

Martial tucked right into midfield to stop Angelino joining up, allowing James to stay wide and rip up to shreds.

Angelino is not good enough for us but a huge liability for us is Sterling not getting back to help any of our left-backs, it's half-arsed and doesn't go with the runner or overlap.

When Laporte plays, he remedies a lot of this issue because he senses the danger and shifts across. In addition, teams are also wary of his excellent passing and ability to open up the other side of the pitch with his wand crossfield ball out to Bernardo or Mahrez.

Personally, I also don't think Kevin should ever be in the engine room, he doesn't have the fitness capacity our game puts on it.

He should play out wide, even if that means impacting Bernardo, Silva or Mahrez.

Kev must play, as must another set of legs to help Rodri, who I felt very sorry for yesterday.

well why would they need a serious rocket? Explain
OK, so we've cleared up the non quote. Slow, daydreaming, passive are few terms I can throw in about yesterday and other occasions this season. There have also been occasions when a touch more effort is needed at certain points in the game. So I am 100% sure Pep will be attempting to address those things by delivering a "rocket". A one to one chat, a rant, a coaching session. Maybe not my type and likely not yours but there's a few need it. If this form carries on though it will be a real shitter for this team who's achieved so much.

Angelino is as bad a left back can get.Get that idiot out of the team as soon as possible otherwise we are going to have serious problems in the matches to come. He gets dominated,outpaced,tricked by every tom dick and harry.With the league now surely gone unless those merseyside bottlers bottle it up the focus must turn to the Champions League and Angelino must not start.

We weren’t over run in midfield, they just completely carved through it at will and looked like scoring with every bloody break, of which there were many! Having watched the match, the stats for yesterday’s game rally don’t count for anything, it pains me to say but we were well beaten and I’m still fuming about it.
With some stattos on here, if you smacked them in the bollocks with a lump hammer they’d say it was really encouraging because only 1% of people were smacked in the bollocks with a lump hammer that day.

Angelino is as bad a left back can get.Get that idiot out of the team as soon as possible otherwise we are going to have serious problems in the matches to come. He gets dominated,outpaced,tricked by every tom dick and harry.With the league now surely gone unless those merseyside bottlers bottle it up the focus must turn to the Champions League and Angelino must not start.

PSG made a £25 million bid for him before we went for him.
Bit harsh there but fullbacks seem to be a problem for Pep.

If you think Pep didn't have a plan to deal with their pace, you have not paid attention. The problem Pep and every manager faces is that a perfectly good plan can be fouled up by 11 guys failing to execute it properly.

Best to adopt the policy of the Englishman abroad. When they don’t understand, repeat louder.

Reactions: OB1
im not saying we would have won yesterdays game but please play fern while we have him in his best role as a holding midfield player. That's not that im blaming Rodri at all. If you have the best in my opinion holding player play him there. Could be difficult now depending on stones injury. To much space in the middle of the park where fern wouldn't allow and protect the back 4.

Not sure if this has been mentioned already.

Rashford was brought down for the pen, received lengthy treatment, didn't leave the field of play and was then allowed to take the pen. As far as I am aware a penalty is a free kick for an offence inside the area, any other free kick on the field of play which requires treatment means the player has to leave the pitch and cannot return until advised by the referee. Have the rules changed or are the officials just useless, I think I know the answer already.
Ah right. Now I understand why we were soundly beaten.

Name any top team in Europe and take away their best two centre backs and you’d see similar results to our’s, but that doesn’t explain how we’ve lost or stopped doing everything that made us so good in the last two years, lack on intensity on and off the ball, slow passive build up play and why the fuck have we just crossed the ball 1000 times in the last few months. Yesterday we played right into Uniteds hands which is just stupid from pep, clearly he didn’t learn from the Chelsea game where we got lucky in that first half

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.