Leicester (H) Post-Match Thread

Went to the game,Kevin is unplayable in that mood and would consider him for captain with his work rate and will to win.Mahrez was very good and deserved his fluky goal,he had Chilwell worried all game.Mendy was much improved and Bernardo getting back to last seasons form,it’s all auguring well for a second half major push towards challenging Liverpool to maintain our own Champions status.

We were the far better team and mostly played very well.

Yet, we were exposed on defense - we can't handle a pacy forward with a team capable of playing a pass behind our defenders for the forward to run onto. We really need to sign a pacy right-CB to address this.
====
Anyhow... the positives...

KDB proves once again why he's the best player in the league.

Mahrez had a tremendous game.

And Rodri is hugely underrated IMO - he's a metronome - capable of speeding the game up substantially. And he's not at all bad on defense.

Although Gundo is one of my favorites and had a good game - once he was injured and Rodri came in - I thought that the pace increased substantially.

Not sure they did tbh. I thought their performance at The Etihad last season was all about stopping City winning and helping Liverpool rather than about winning and helping Leicester. Last season they set up simply to frustrate, which they did brilliantly until a certain Vincent Kompany stepped up to the plate.
They're 'one trick ponies', everyone knows their trick and deals with it in the best way they can. Yesterday Pep appeared to take the view that, due to the injuries we have, we had to allow them their one trick and trust that our great big, fuck off bag of tricks would prevail, and it did, spectacularly. The gulf in class between the two teams was enormous and surprising given that they are second in the league.
But they knocked it about better for me than they did yesterday.

Apologies if already asked but what happened prior to De Bruyne’s booking? The ref blew for an infringement I couldn’t see anything and even the commentators were unsure what he blew for?
I can only assume Dean gave a free kick for Jesus' challenge
And IMO it's very obvious KDB went mad because he was annoyed with himself that after driving forward he played a terrible pass when he knew he should have taken on the chance himself

An absolute privilege to watch us. Tactically perfect.

Nothing better than an opponent seeing what is being done to them, yet unable to do anything about it.

I was so pleased for Mendy, his best game by a country mile.

Both he and Walker set the platform by being so aggressive.

Other brilliant nuances were Bernardo in the centre, he must stay there. His pressing and energy allows Sterling and De Bruyne to really dovetail with Jesus in the intensity from the front.

This title is not over if we can repeat this level over Christmas.

An absolute privilege to watch us. Tactically perfect.

Nothing better than an opponent seeing what is being done to them, yet unable to do anything about it.

I was so pleased for Mendy, his best game by a country mile.

Both he and Walker set the platform by being so aggressive.

Other brilliant nuances were Bernardo in the centre, he must stay there. His pressing and energy allows Sterling and De Bruyne to really dovetail with Jesus in the intensity from the front.

This title is not over if we can repeat this level over Christmas.

We need to win every game. Not happening IMO. Even then it might not be enough as Liverpool are on for 110+ thanks to PGMOL.

As much as it hurts me to say it one of the biggest improvements since the derby has been the lack of Silva in the middle.

He doesn’t have the legs to play how the likes of Foden and Bernardo have played recently. Chasing everything down - being a nuisance with and without the ball.

Slightly worried he’ll be slotted straight back in the team when he returns from injury. An amazing player and one of the best ever but now doesn’t quite have the engine to play week in week out.

As much as it hurts me to say it one of the biggest improvements since the derby has been the lack of Silva in the middle.

He doesn’t have the legs to play how the likes of Foden and Bernardo have played recently. Chasing everything down - being a nuisance with and without the ball.

Slightly worried he’ll be slotted straight back in the team when he returns from injury. An amazing player and one of the best ever but now doesn’t quite have the engine to play week in week out.
I hope to see him used as a squad player and as a sub to control games as Kompany did at times.

The ease with which we swept Leicester aside, who are no mugs, despite going a goal down should be very encouraging to everyone at City. There have been some comments that the side needs major surgery in the Summer but I really don't think so.

Agree it is really painful to say that but at the moment with Foden or Bernardo our midfield looks so much better. Sad to see our great magician looking a yard slower. But I still believe Sliva can bring something to City in his final season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.