UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering whether CAS has given UEFA the heads up saying the leaking of information is not the right thing to do and you will get a slap on the wrist
Giving them the green light to do what they have done tonight
If they have, that would be grounds for a historic corruption (improper regulatory collusion) suit that would drag both CAS and UEFA straight through the world’s largest pit of mud.

How can a sponsorship be overinflated? Their argument is based that due to Abu Dhabi ties to both Etihad and City it must mean that the deal was inflated so City adheres the FFP. It is probably true but how can this be objectively proven? Simple answer is it can not be.

Basically what they are saying is because bigger clubs with bigger fan bases and more global exposure/ revenue etc have smaller sponshorship deals, therefore it must be over inflated.

Again, what a load of crap.

Having fun are we?
Hopefully he isnt but what he's said aint really wrong.
The powers that be at the club act as weak as piss sometimes and it boils my piss.
I just wish we'd go out swinging sometimes because playing nice hasnt worked one iota

This was dealt with in Khaldoon's end of (2019) season video. They have been expecting it and are ready to deal with it.
It has probably been frustrating for them to have to wait for the UEFA process to finish before they can get started.

We probably have evidence that we are not willing to disclose/share with UEFA (personal emails etc), that would blow their case out of the water.
CAS will have ALL of our defence evidence.
I just hope City are keeping tabs on any libelous headlines coming out of the press. This compensation money could fund us for years!

IF it is proven we did cook the books, then fair enough we deserve what we get. I will still support City exactly the same way.
However, if proven UEFA had no grounds for a case, then they should have the book thrown at them for damaging our brand.

Will UEFA be publishing their reasons for banning us?

If not will the media ask why not?
Spot on. Talk abut a kangaroo court. All held behind closed doors and non of the fans have seen a shred of evidence. It's not even clear if the club has seen all the evidence. If UEFA's evidence is so strong then why are we taking such a bullish position. UEFA are now hiding behind the Appeals process. The problem is this could drag on for years and even if we win the case we still lose our reputation.

We WILL NOT be allowed to win these games. UEFA will want to try and drive us out at the earliest opportunity.
I’m concerned about if it is upheld, we will have an exodus of stars, KDB, Bernardo, Laporte, Sterling, Sané is pretty much out the door anyway. This could set us back years.
I see SLY sports can wait to comment, even through the Wolves v Foxes game. I’m glad I ditched the cnuts and went to IPTV.

Well, if we sell that lot it'll keep the wolf from the door for a couple of years ;-)

We are pretty fcked if the 2 year ban stays. Cl is a competition that most of the players want to play and win. Really hard to get top players without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.