UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s quoted a screen shot off Bluemoon on Twitter. Is that even allowed???? @Ric
Not only that Harris has selectively edited the Bluemoon screengrab to distort the meaning of the posts. He is claiming that some City fans are turning on the owners but the forum posts are much more measured. Harris is just a Twitter troll but a retweet by the BBC Online Sports Editor Roan endorses Harris's twisted views and reaches a big audience. Roan damages our club by retweeting content from trolls (giving them credibility) This is not the job of the BBC. On a more positive note it does show that this forum has some influence.

Sorry, can't see how this warrants this response, sure he's written a shocker there, but City need to be bigger than calls for violence like this no? Liverpool fans might endorse throwing bricks and violence and the like, but not a true blue to my mind. Just my opinion.

You can only poke the bear so much without getting a response.

I’m just saying if you see him, slap him.

As I understand it, from what I read somewhere, recourse to the Swiss court can only be made on the basis of technical/procedural flaws during the CAS case, not the substance of the case itself. I'm open to correction but if this is right, then anyone holding out hoped for a further appeal except on procedural irregularities can forget it.

There seems to be unsurprisingly a lot of speculation on here about CAS and Swiss courts. For those interested (and please don't let this get in the way of a good rant) the CAS website has a handy FAQ section:

https://www.tas-cas.org/en/general-information/frequently-asked-questions.html#c198

For those insufficiently arsed to read through this, the following two extracts might be useful in the context of some previous posts:

How long does CAS arbitration last ?

The ordinary procedure lasts between 6 and 12 months.
For the appeals procedure, [City's case as I understand it] an award must be pronounced within three months after the transfer of the file to the Panel.
In urgent cases and upon request, the CAS may, within a very short time, order interim measures or suspend the execution of a decision appealed against.

Is it possible to appeal against a CAS award ?

Judicial recourse to the Swiss Federal Tribunal [Switzerland's Supreme Court I believe] is allowed on a very limited number of grounds, such as lack of jurisdiction, violation of elementary procedural rules (e.g. violation of the right to a fair hearing) or incompatibility with public policy.

Isn’t the issue that knowing CAS can’t be overturned, City would just sue UEFA on a restraint of trade basis to dismantle FFP in full? The doctrine of mutually-assured destruction?

THANK FCUK for Martin Samuel of the Mail nearly always pro blue and fu to that footballing legend Jermaine jenas who has put Sierling and KDB on the transfer list if this does go tits up i fear a scouse domination similar to 80s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.