UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised at the lack of attention given to Emirates and it's sponsorship deals. Basically it has bankrolled Arsenal for 15 years and sponsored a number of other high profile clubs without so much as the batting of eyelids. An Emirati state owned enterprise as is Etihad. So are bleeding heart hacks such as Syed, who openly admit to being removed from the culture of fandom and hide behind a purist pseudo intellectual aesthetic love for the game, really going to argue that if Emirates suddenly encountered short term cash flow problems rendering the company unable to meet its contractual obligations vis a vis the sponsorship of a sports franchise, that the Dubai govt wouldn't bail that deal out? They would be considered the ultimate guarantor, the golden stakeholder would they not? Is this basically all Etihad did being a relative newcomer on the block ? You could argue that Etihad wasn't in a position to sign off the deals with City but isn't high profile sponsorship the one of the most important ways of increasing global brand awareness? A typical chicken and egg business gambit?

The government bankrolling Etihad wouldn’t be on anyone’s radar at all though if it wasn’t for our owner being so closely linked. Remember the accusation here is that Adug bankrolled it, not the government too.

Glendenning is certainly veering into seriously questionable territory. If I didn't know better, I'd say he's almost encouraging some tanked up City fan to take a swing at him with jibes like this directed at a very well respected member of the fanbase.

Whenever I've heard him he sounds pissed up and rushden, well, he's just a sheep, he's followed the flock for years and is your definition of a yes man.
As far as I know glendenning was only on talk Sport talking about the weekends tv, I never ever heard him put down a conversation about football or owners and FFP.

They have made the fatal mistake of allowing things to get personal. Whilst the escalation in tension is a two-way street, the culpability lies at the door of the journalists because they are abusing the privilege afforded by their profession. Fans are fans; we make the game what it is and allow them to earn a living by feeding the popularity of the game. More importantly, however, we are not being paid to voice our opinions. Those who are being paid have a duty not to let their emotions compromise their work. Those comments above demonstrate a complete failure to take the moral high ground. It has descended into vulgarity and insults. They have betrayed the principle of impartiality. Their conduct has not been befitting of people who expect to be taken seriously. In fact, it has been disgraceful.
This is a very well observed post. Widely reporting on a subject carries responsibilities to those who you seek to inform. It’s a genuinely scared duty that too many ignore or conveniently forget.

He was a legend. Did some of my training under him.

He had a long lost aunt in South Africa who left him a couple million a few years back.

A very brave person who decided to stop living a lie.

Believe it or not, Gerry helped discover Tom Jones and was an early agent of his.

Some great night's out with Gerry. We never saw it coming.

Sounds like it would make a brilliant tv series, not very believable but real life isn’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.