Pep Guardiola - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is worrying is how we seem to put no importance on pace when we recruit. It is essential in the modern game, particularly in the premier league. Rumours are peps after another slow player to replace sane with.
Yeah its concern. To play with no pace basically means you have to be absolutely flawless on the ball but thats impossible. Funnily enough, we started building technical, fast paced squad but now have moved to slow technical players. its weird.

Didn’t like his team today. Bernardo was in the wrong position, Sterling is pointless against United or Liverpool and he picked the wrong full backs. But the truth is we have bigger fish to fry and I for one would much rather see the strongest teams in the cups.

The one good thing today was keeping Foden on when he could easily have taken him off. When he went central he changed the game and looked our best player.

But take today and last week,Foden gets a start in Cup Final,ok to be fair he's played in all the rounds (like Bravo),he has a great game and us fans see once again what he can do,so he chucks him in a derby,but can't give him 20 or 30 mins when we are 3-0 up like against a Watford or a Brighton ? I don't get it

Keeping everyone happy could be done in other instances,but no he tries to be too smart with experimenting new formations all the time,not only is he confusing the opposition manager,the tv pundits and ourselves,but it's probably even confusing himself,it's fucking daft at times

I disagree. We can't play our best XI every 3-4 days. Foden was MotM against Villa and deserved to start given Kevin wasn't available. It's important that the whole squad is happy and also that most players are in good form as injuries happen all the time and the players who are waiting for their chance should be ready. That's why we have won 8 from 9 possible domestic trophies. Pep knows what he is doing. But Pep can't know in advance Eddie is going to have an absolute stinker. That was a shockingly bad performance from him.

I disagree. We can't play our best XI every 3-4 days. Foden was MotM against Villa and deserved to start given Kevin wasn't available. It's important that the whole squad is happy and also that most players are in good form as injuries happen all the time and the players who are waiting for their chance should be ready. Pep can't know in advance Eddie is going to have an absolute stinker. That was a shockingly bad performance from him.

So what part do you disagree with ? I used one example and what I've said is fact.

If I had mentioned him playing Cancealo =Zinchenko-Otamendi again then you could disagree all you like,but what I've said about Foden is correct.

I disagree. We can't play our best XI every 3-4 days. Foden was MotM against Villa and deserved to start given Kevin wasn't available. It's important that the whole squad is happy and also that most players are in good form as injuries happen all the time and the players who are waiting for their chance should be ready. That's why we have won 8 from 9 possible domestic trophies. Pep knows what he is doing. But Pep can't know in advance Eddie is going to have an absolute stinker. That was a shockingly bad performance from him.

We aren’t a charity ffs. The only people that should be kept happy are the fans. I couldn’t give a shit if Joao Cancelo and Zinchenko are not happy to play often, they should perform better when they get a chance if that’s the case.

This keeping the squad happy is bollocks, this was a derby against a team that has already had two lots of bragging rights this season. If you want your piss poor excuse of keeping players happy then play them against Arsenal and Burnley at home, not United away.

You don’t get it, Pep doesn’t get it which is no surprise considering you are in the same circle.

"United have 2 shots and score 2 goals"
"Ederson has made 1 or 2 saves"

I get that the media bit is bollocks, but do yourself a favour mate, you've had a 'mare and made yourself look dafter than your team selection did.

So what part do you disagree with ? I used one example and what I've said is fact.

If I had mentioned him playing Cancealo =Zinchenko-Otamendi again then you could disagree all you like,but what I've said about Foden is correct.

Dave is our captain and that's his last season here. That's the reason we haven't seen more often Foden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.