Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

I know from the CV thread that a lot agree with the tack your government are taking but I honestly don’t understand why sports events aren’t cancelled.
The GAA and FAI have suspended the remaining games in both codes of football and hurling. The IRFU have done the same in rugby.
The NBA the same in America.
What are the EPL and UEFA delaying for.
There isn’t a hope in hell of completing the Euro competitions or the domestic leagues, in my opinion.

I believe these measures taken here in Ireland and in many countries are only the start and that things will get more stringent in time.

Think theres more chance of catching it at work or at the pub than there is at a game so I will be there.Just be careful thats all.

People still going out at night and working, footballs least of our worries.

Would love the league to cancel but thats never going to happen if its Liverpool.

Fucking smug Tory bastard on news saying we all need to get it ( estimated 1% mortality rate - 6 million dead) to build up immunity in population.

Fucking money grabbing prem league wants games to carry on .

Where’s the moral backbone to do the right thing and stop the season now and null the results of any incomplete competition.

Dippers could keep their super and World Cup double and fuck all else.

Scum could hand back their we beat city trophy

And 2020 would be remembered as the second year City won all available domestic trophies!
Are their any funeral companies that are plcs? Failing that British oxygen co shares must be worth investing in

Go in any Wetherspoons in a provincial town during the day and it looks like the perfects storm - same with the London Underground.

City should minimise risk by refunding away teams and only allowing those to attend on over 24k points.

I know from the CV thread that a lot agree with the tack your government are taking but I honestly don’t understand why sports events aren’t cancelled.
The GAA and FAI have suspended the remaining games in both codes of football and hurling. The IRFU have done the same in rugby.
The NBA the same in America.
What are the EPL and UEFA delaying for.
There isn’t a hope in hell of completing the Euro competitions or the domestic leagues, in my opinion.

I believe these measures taken here in Ireland and in many countries are only the start and that things will get more stringent in time.
Simple.
£££££££

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.