COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
it was same with us. Schools are closed for 10 days, but weather is great and kids were out whole day. I trained with my kid outside few times. The logic is that they mix too much on playgrounds and can then transmit it to the older ones. I don't know about old ones and shopping tbh, guess they went that most have someone to do it for them, we still live a lot in our parents houses etc.

Like a lot of stuff here it is implemented but I'm not sure how effective it is going to be. Nobody here can get enough food to even last a week if they are lucky as there is too little on the shelves. I have no idea how these bulk buyers are doing it, there must be a skill. As a result people have to continually go into numerous shops everyday to try and get food so there is more and more unnecessary contact. Older people with no family to help can't stay in or they will starve. It is a myth there is an army of smiling volunteers knocking on doors offering help. Many are not on social media so have no chance of sourcing out help. Aside from my immediate neighbours which is maybe ten houses maximum I have no idea who even lives on my road never mind neighborhood and I'm sure many people are the same

Countless teenagers and kids in shopping centres and smaller shops adds to the problem. I was in Aldi last week and a small girl with her mother was coughing everywhere, no hand over her mouth. The mother said nothing. At least when they were in school vulnerable people had a window of opportunity to shop, now they don't unless they ban kids from them.

The government are trusting people to be responsible and while some are many aren't, you only had to look at the moron's boasting about being in the pub last night to see that. Unless forced to comply many will just carry on as normal.

Strangely enough, I have hope for you. It's probably just a false impression given by these early days reports of yours, but I think you can do much better than us.

Yessir, we'll do our best not to disappoint you again! ;)
Please don't take my comments the wrong way mate. Perhaps I should have said "saddening" rather than disappointing? I feel terrible about what's happening in Italy and really hope you start to see the light at the end of the tunnel soon.

Deaths up 56 in the UK.
Hope we’re not heading for Italy levels but I think we will be.

where did you get that from?

Worldometer looked encouraging 111 new cases and 3 new deaths

none of it good obvs but worldometer must be out of date

edit yes just seen breaking news 50 odd new deaths

Would any of you honestly go to a family meal with your nan and grandad , if they were all sensible, no touching, handshakes etc ?
No I’ve told my 83 year old Grandad he’s not to go out and to have no visitors. And told my 62 year old parents the same thing, they’re not elderly but my Mother is at risk.

Not going to visit her on Mother’s Day tomorrow. If it’s dry I might walk down and stand on the green street box and peer over the fence to say hello. But other than that it’s going to be FaceTime only for a good while.

Still having to work at the moment and while the streets are generally quiet, its worrying me how many elderly people I am still seeing out and about. Loads of people out today with walking sticks, mobility scooters etc, they are just not getting it. If anything it's the younger people who don't seem to be out as much.

Dont want to generalize, but some old people can be extremely stubborn and often have a "nobody tells me what to do" attitude, and I appreciate being stuck in must be hell for them, but better that than being dead surely?!

If you have elderly relatives you HAVE to keep telling them until they listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.