COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d laugh but it’s not funny.
It’s basically telling us our hospitals could go the same way Italy has if the critical unit admittances increase exponentially the way they have in the last week.
We started off as the worst in Europe for ICU beds per capita, I think you’re second worst by the way. So what we do collectively now is life saving.
You can’t just police this either. It takes compliance and buying into what you are doing.
It’s everyone’s problem. Everyone has to act like they have it.
Gallows humour, mate.

I wouldn’t wish anything but the best for Ireland. All countries for that matter.

Anyone used the priority hours at supermarkets yet, and if so how have they been?

Thinking of giving it a go tomorrow, not seen chicken in a while, but don't fancy dealing with it if its going to be heaving and full of queues.

perhaps everyone could have one fucking day without shopping
Today was the first time I've been since last Saturday.

People are a f*cking nightmare. When Tesco was limiting people buying bog roll, c*nts e just loading up, dropping off in their cars, then going back in and loading up again. It'll be the same c*nts doing multiple visits to the shops when they should be on lock down.

I remember when shops used to be shut on a Sunday. They should bring it back again.

Found this as well,they can't keep changing cause of death like these two case in youngsters

Last Sunday the NHS suggested an 18-year-old male had died from coronavirus, but it has since emerged the teenager had tested positive for the disease in a hospital in Coventry but died from an unrelated condition

it’s all very confusing.

when people get pneumonia so bad it the body cannot process oxygen they often die of a...

heart attack.
It seems like the person at the morgue who issued the death certificate just put coronavirus down as the cause of death because she had a cough. She had no post-mortem by any coroner.

None of the people who treated her at the hospital or her family thought she had coronavirus until that point - so no one who brought her in, no one who tried to save her life.

@denislawsbackheel's hypothesis that she had pneumonia so bad she had a heartattack is simply impossible, as no one goes from walking about OK but with a little cough to heartattack in the blink of an eye...she'd have been bedridden and hospitalised for days or weeks with pneumonia before that point.

Anyone used the priority hours at supermarkets yet, and if so how have they been?

Thinking of giving it a go tomorrow, not seen chicken in a while, but don't fancy dealing with it if its going to be heaving and full of queues.
Not seen chicken in supermarkets for a while. However, I hear our local butcher is well stocked with meat and eggs as he uses relatively small and nimble local suppliers.

Might be worth checking out your local butcher if you have one.

I queued for 40 minutes in the car park at my local Tesco today. It was one in, one out and I think there were only 40 customers allowed in at a time. Good job it wasn't p*ssing down. I was there about 3pm, and I'm not sure what it's going to be like at peak time tomorrow.
Brother in law went to Tesco this afternoon in Bradley Stoke and saw his neighbour in the queue. She'd been there 1 hour 40 queueing outside and was nowhere near getting in the store yet. Needless to say, he decided not to bother.

His comment to me was, "What incentive to not hoard dies that give you??? You are hardly likely to think I'll just get a few bits and come back tomorrow".

Brother in law went to Tesco this afternoon in Bradley Stoke and saw his neighbour in the queue. She'd been there 1 hour 40 queueing outside and was nowhere near getting in the store yet. Needless to say, he decided not to bother.

His comment to me was, "What incentive to not hoard dies that give you??? You are hardly likely to think I'll just get a few bits and come back tomorrow".
I just stocked up with essentials to keep us going for the next 5 days or so. It's pointless being greedy, and I'm more than prepared to limit my daily food intake to make my supplies last a bit longer if need be. Just as long as I have enough coffee (and I do), then I'll manage.

That bradley stoke store is always chocker so many new builds around there.Tell him to try fishponds... morissons aldi and lidl all with 2 mins walk of each other. Teatime not many in the store.All well stocked apart from loo rolls, because the people queuing for ages early morning have bought them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.