Scariest away day following City

Has anyone mentioned Carlisle United away early eighties. We got beat 1 - 0, bit tasty after the match if I remember rightly.
I remember quite a few skirmishes after the game. I also recall getting off the train and telling a copper we weren’t there for the game (they wanted to march us straight to the ground) and the same copper saw me in the ground and grabbed hold of me telling him I’d lied to him, he looked quite upset

Did we really have scary away days?: {

I seem to recall having tea and cucumber sandwiches on the away day special horse drawn coaches. When we got to the station we'd find a nice upmarket cafe and sit in our tweed deerstalkers and hobnob tales of middle class England whilst cocking little finger out of the way of our bone china teacup. And when the jolly good boys in blue came out of the tunnel we all greeted them "hurrah, jolly good show boys". We'd then sit in our kid leather armchair seats with Beethoven piped through the stadium tannoys and joss sticks burning sandalwood incense.

Violence? We won't be having any of that round here. We're a local club for local people.

Those were the days... Tally ho old bean; )
And that is how the punk band Stiff Little Fingers came into existence.

Has anyone mentioned Carlisle United away early eighties. We got beat 1 - 0, bit tasty after the match if I remember rightly.

Wasn't at that but we played them away in a Friday night pre-season friendly in 1988... and that was dodgy enough

Remember 1980 and we were at Derby away and got beat 3-0

At the End of the Game several hundred of the Local nutjobs invaded the pitch and charged over to us on the side Inviting us to Motal Combat

There was a mega turn out that day from City and after the Fence was vaulted by our lot and on the pitch,the Fearsome Rams (Average Age 15,) turned and fled

Several bricks were thrown at us,but the Police were
Rather worried and made us run on release from the ground to the Station where we boarded the special

Fratton Park 1985 won 2-1 was fiesty too
Pompey seem to have idiots on tap

Remember 1980 and we were at Derby away and got beat 3-0

At the End of the Game several hundred of the Local nutjobs invaded the pitch and charged over to us on the side Inviting us to Motal Combat

There was a mega turn out that day from City and after the Fence was vaulted by our lot and on the pitch,the Fearsome Rams (Average Age 15,) turned and fled

Several bricks were thrown at us,but the Police were
Rather worried and made us run on release from the ground to the Station where we boarded the special

Fratton Park 1985 won 2-1 was fiesty too
Pompey seem to have idiots on tap

That Derby game .... was it last game of that season ? We had to wait for one of ours who ran into Derby on his own the loon .... got arrested .... daft get ....like you say Derby panicked.

Might have been the 4 - 0 defeat in 77

Last edited:
I was at that Derby game 80
Remember it was a red hot day,got drinking with some locals before the game,one who had got out of the nick the day before for GBH.They invited us to watch it in their end,luckily even tho we were wankered,we turned them down.
Went on the National Express coach only about eight in total,everyone else seemed to go on the train.
After the game our new "mates" came looking for us,a woman let us hide in the back of her shop.
Cannot remember why but a double decker bus was laid on to get us home....great away day !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.