Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Once the players and managers get a vote then its all over in my opinion.
Pep has just lost his mum to Covid. Can't imagine he will be happy at risking his own, his familys or his players lives.
I can see the entire city squad refusing to play. I wouldn't care if they did either. No matter what the consequences are. Life is more important than football
ive not caught up yet today, is it going for a player vote? if so you can bet your life any club with a chance of getting sucked into relegation will vote against as with those with nothing to gain, i'd estimate that at over 50%,

This whole sorry saga by the powers that be to get football started again is really beginning to get right on my tits!!!!!! Just null and void the rest of the bloody season, christ almighty how hard can it be gods sake. Before anyone says they wont help, if I was a religious person I would have stopped praying weeks ago!!!

I find this whole concept disgusting. 600+ people still dying a day in this country, almost everything closed, thousands losing their jobs and thousands more teetering on the brink, yet these money grabbing wankers want to force players, officials and everyone else involved in this farce to risk their health to play football.

Aside from the above, which is the most important bit, it's unfair. Teams who had to play away with a hostile home crowd to contend with lose having the same advantage. Football is also a spectator sport, without fans it is a sterile soulless experience. It will also prove to be a nightmare for the police as fans will congregate outside the grounds no matter what the warnings and penalties if they do. Imagine the game that Liverpool will claim the title if they win. Does anyone think they will stop them descending on the venue in their thousands? End this nonsense now.

Instead of talking on here get of you're arses and start lobbying you're MP , you're local councillor the newspapers, radio stations other footbal forums and anyone who will listen
Start a petition to make parliament debate it, all you need is 100000 names
The more noise you make the more people will come on board.
Its up to the public to force it because the powers that be, wont.
Petition on change.org
https://www.change.org/p/english-premier-league-null-and-void-the-premier-league

And they'd still run out of chips.
I find it difficult to understand why the caterers are being put on standby. If the matches are played behind closed doors, THERE WILL BE NO SPECTATORS ATTENDING in any case! What's the point of them being there in the first place, as there's no one to serve?
File under B for bullshit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.