Ferran Torres

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really, he's 20, already a very direct and energetic player. Bernardo's the only one of our wingers who arrived a natural presser. Mahrez got to grips with it as has Raheem. He'll learn and develop as he wants to, otherwise he'd have picked another club
I appreciate the responses. But it was really tongue in cheek and not too serious of a comment. And meant it as that's gonna be a problem for him because Pep wouldn't stand for that. But I didn't mean it seriously.

He'd be a good presser. He has all the tools. Youth, Quickness, and Athletism. If Dave at 32 could be a good presser there is no doubt this kid could either.

Oh! One point of correction: Mahrez hasn't gotten to grip with it yet. He is a poor presser. Not the wet paper he was when he first got here admittedly, but his improvement and willingness has been sporadic at best.

I feel I can safely say this in sensible mature and open minded company......from his videos his style does remind me of a young Ronaldo (not the fat one)

Just to keep everyone grounded a bit, those videos show the highlights... For every highlight there are multiple bad decisions that you don't see. Valencia fans consider Guedes on the other flank to be the superior player.

But that is all natural for 20 year old, I hope he can improve here to take his game to the next level. I have a couple of worries about him:
  • He isn't really a natural goalscorer, something we really need in our attacking areas. We have so many creators in the team that we need finishers to balance it out. I love how Raheem has really taken this role (his goals have gone up and assists down as his career progressed) but we all know he isn't exactly what you call a reliable goal scorer.
  • How he can adapt his game to packed defences, he won't get space to do what he did at Valencia here.
Anyhow, this is a very exciting signing. Very interested to see how this turns out as there is very little clarity and it really could go either way with this kid.

Really excited by signing this lad.
Looks perfect for unlocking parked buses.
Plus much, much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.