Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
But I dont think they have played recently. Stones had a run out of the bench a few weeks back but that was it.
Think it will be Lapote and Fernandinho personally, Pep only wants players who are 100% committed to the club, saying that if Garcia does play i’m sure he’ll give his all, seems a good profesional.

Me tbh.

I think we should have been playing proper cb pairings & THB in the dead games rather than farting around with Garcia.

For me, he would only play from now on if everyone else was injured.
Unless someone comes out and refuses to play, I see no reason to push them away. Ake must have known he was leaving Bournemouth whether they stayed up or went down and you only have to glance at their fan forum to see how much commitment he showed, the desperate lunge he made which got himself injured says everything. There's no reason to think Garcia wouldn't do the same.

If people don't rate him or think he's not the best from a footballing perspective, I have no problems. It's the idiots questioning players commitment which frustrate me, when there's no justification at all.

Then he will just leave on a free? we will sell this summer like we did with sane it doesnt make sense to let him go on a free, barca dont need him right now
He won’t go on a free as he’s under 23

phewwwww..... the guy thinks hes the next best thing since slice bread. Bollocks, no loss from our sides. Bang average and he wont be an exceptional defender mark my words. He will be another Puyol. Energy. Passion but no skill.
LOL Puyol was an outstanding player and captain for Barca.

Rubbish. A player wanting to leave doesn't mean he isn't committed to performing as well as he can for his current club, especially against his boyhood clubs arch rivals. Honestly some people on here are crackers, over emotional and must have zero personal pride or professionalism in their own life to think everybody behaves in such a way. It really is quite pathetic from grown adults.
Calm down Mother Theresa. He isn't good enough anyway in my view. He is no longer committed by his actions. That 50 50 tackle.......

I believe kids refer to this as 'negotiating'. Barca leaked they intend to offer 10M + variables and City come back to leak they value him much higher

There was something about the tenor of Pep's responses and not actually mentioning Barca that made me wonder. Now, makes more sense that they don't intend to be steamrolled by just any offer.

Of course, I can also confirm without any sources needed that there's no way Barca will pay more than 10-15M for a player that is seen as left via the backdoor. Now that Pep confirmed the player will leave, it means it frees the player to respond to questions and if City take a strong stance then Barca will pressure to play things out in the media along with influencing the player to apply pressure too. There's already bad blood there despite professionalism. If you're City you also don't want to alienate potential cantera kids from coming if they sense they will be punished when looking for an exit. No one will want it to drag on until winter when he can sign for free. It's delicate so I do think the messaging reflects that too.

But if it gets played out in the media, well it won't be pretty or good for anyone. A big reason why I still believe it will ultimately go smoothly considering those involved (Puyol, Eric, Pep & Txiki) - City will not want to look foolish and Barca will ultimately let them save some face. Perhaps then 10M will become 15M as a compromise (Along with bonuses) to get it done sooner

Almost as arrogant as the resident Bayern 'fan' not being funny mate but who the fuck do you think you are? "City won't want to look foolish" pay up then! "Barca will ultimately let them save some face" how nice of them...

Condescending prick.

If Garcia stays until next season and then leaves, would we not get a fee set by a tribunal. Similar to the dippers having to pay £6.5m for Danny Ings from Burnley in 2015. Or am I barking up the wrong tree.
PRetty sure that only works in England. Hence why you get some dubious transfers of English youth players on frees to never heard of foreign sides, who then sell them to other English sides on the cheap as a way around. Leicester bought George Hirst off Sheffield Wednesday that way iirc

Unless someone comes out and refuses to play, I see no reason to push them away. Ake must have known he was leaving Bournemouth whether they stayed up or went down and you only have to glance at their fan forum to see how much commitment he showed, the desperate lunge he made which got himself injured says everything. There's no reason to think Garcia wouldn't do the same.

If people don't rate him or think he's not the best from a footballing perspective, I have no problems. It's the idiots questioning players commitment which frustrate me, when there's no justification at all.

Ake has pulled his guts out for Bournrmouth though. Garcia has done nothing.
Even if you are happy to give your best, you are doing it as an outsider & taking someones shirt.

Leroy was bottom of the pile before he went.

I do rate him, actually, though as a prospect and certainly not the player I’d trust in our most important game. I agree that it’s not a question of integrity but business, which was the closing point being made by the poster to whom you were responding.
Our business is winning football matches, if Garcia can help us do so, he plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.