Women's Team 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was watching on the FA player, you missed very little in the first 30 mins, City were as disjointed as I've seen them, passing was all over the place.
I got going in the end but I was rather pleased that Covid had prevented me from attending The Academy and seeing the game 'live'! One of the poorest games I've seen them play.

It hasn't. That performance can only be described as poor. There seems to be a complete lack of positive decision making when we approach the opposition area. The finishing today was pretty grim even though Alistair was trying to make out the goalie played out of her jersey. And there were two or three occasions where it looked as thought the Colt 45 was out, loaded and ready for a shot at our own foot. The game was very similar to too many last season where we are faced with an opposition whose only ambition is to maintain a presence in the league, and who have a plethora of athletes in the team who can press for 99 mins. The general outfield play is slow, ponderous and plays into the hands of a team who are reasonably organised and will run all day. The finishing is a major concern. We had several good chances, most of which should have been put away. There was a header from Beckie with the only the goalie to beat, who had rushed out and she doesn't get over it and it's a yard over the bar. Pretty much summed up the afternoon!

Pretty sure that was the lanky Jill Scott, which is why I was surprised she didn't bury it!

The rest of your post I agree with.

Just because Pep's team places great emphasis on possession and passing the ball into the net doesn't mean every other team associated with the club should also do that. Sooner they stop it, the better.

How spooky!

I have thoughts on this very subject! I didn't see all today's game (just the last 20ish plus stoppage), but it was enough to leave an imprint on my mind.

Just because Pep's team places great emphasis on possession and passing the ball into the net doesn't mean every other team associated with the club should also do that. Sooner they stop it, the better.
Thats exactly the point. Barca ethos. This is how it is at City. Every level is supposed to play exactly the same style.

As a club we are stuck with one style.

Thats exactly the point. Barca ethos. This is how it is at City. Every level is supposed to play exactly the same style.

As a club we are stuck with one style.

It has brought us lashings of success, men’s and women’s team. I’m happy to be ‘stuck with it’.

The women's team is nowhere near as good as it was a few years ago , and it's showing too ... the players don't appear have the same understanding , or hunger, and we just aren't as clinical in front of goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.