Women's Team 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Early days but looking them feel we be lucky to finish top 3 must be really hard for G Taylor with the new players and moving up to where you have to win every game and not about devolving players where results are important but not be all.

The women's team is nowhere near as good as it was a few years ago , and it's showing too ... the players don't appear have the same understanding , or hunger, and we just aren't as clinical in front of goal.

A reflecting on the current coach/manager ??

Management and coaching can't put the ball in the net, the players all need to look at the chances missed today and fix it.

Practice makes permanent, so the management and coaching can influence the finishing a lot. You’re being far too generous in absolving the coaches here imho

In general, the women’s game is considerably more skewed towards pace and athleticism trumping technical ability than the men’s game, and just like the men’s team, city don’t have a lot of pace in the side and don’t play the kind of football that favours pace. City’s women would have far more success if they leaned into that side of the game more but you have to commend the commitment to our philosophy,

Early days but looking them feel we be lucky to finish top 3 must be really hard for G Taylor with the new players and moving up to where you have to win every game and not about devolving players where results are important but not be all.
The problem with the FAWSL is that one reverse and basically the title is all but gone! I have watched a good few of these games where we should out-football teams and on too many occasions I think the players are in formality mode - sooner or later a goal will become a formality. We never seem to tear-arse out of the blocks within five mins of the kick off. It strikes me that the mentality is that we can create chances, which we do, but then don't finish them, but another one will be along shortly. We should have been two or three to the good by HT.

The problem with the FAWSL is that one reverse and basically the title is all but gone! I have watched a good few of these games where we should out-football teams and on too many occasions I think the players are in formality mode - sooner or later a goal will become a formality. We never seem to tear-arse out of the blocks within five mins of the kick off. It strikes me that the mentality is that we can create chances, which we do, but then don't finish them, but another one will be along shortly. We should have been two or three to the good by HT.

Yeah agree with that we just have to see how it goes with the new manager and players we ain’t winning the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.