COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point us NO ONE knows if someone is exempt and because there are so many Covidiots about and I don't know whether twatting them if they come within 3m of my 90 year old dad when I'm taking him for his monthly big shop is a bad move or not as I'd feel bad of I hit a panic attack asthmatic (though it would probably be obvious with the heavy breathing).
Nail on head. There needs to be a clear ability to see someone is genuinely exempt. I don't know what the answer is as no doubt you would still get some claiming exemption to avoid wearing a mask if it were a possibility

Nail on head. There needs to be a clear ability to see someone is genuinely exempt. I don't know what the answer is as no doubt you would still get some claiming exemption to avoid wearing a mask if it were a possibility

It is quite easy really. If you are exempt a mask you should take extra care to ensure that you stay more than 2m as much as possible.

Get off your high horse. The issue with any face covering with those suffering severe / industrial asthma isn't necessary lack of oxygen. It brings on panic attacks, resulting in rapid, deep breathing which, left as is could bring on an asthma attack.

If you have ever had an asthma attack or felt unable to breathe properly, you may have a liitle more understanding, and perhaps sympathy

Without breath, there is no life and, sadly many have medical issues that hamper the ability to breathe normally.

Trust me, I have been there regularly and it is far from funny as your children watch you in tears as you gasp for air.

So please, stop this bullshit that you think you know that it's a piece of piss for non mask wearers to simply Don a visor.

Rant over
I think the problem is that the tiny proportion of the population who have a compelling reason such as you describe for not wearing a mask are vastly outnumbered by a load of cunts who just can't be arsed and think they don't need to follow the rules.

We won't be having 105 pupils in our school for the next two weeks after our second positive test. We're now being bombarded (understandably) by worried parents. We have 8 staff awaiting results, all managed to get tested at local walk in centres Friday and weekend. We're at the absolute limit, staff-wise if some of these staff have to now isolate for a further 10 days. That's after two weeks since returning. This isn't sustainable. And we have put in a massive amount of work to try and be Covid-safe. Children (especially the youngest - we start at 3yr olds) cannot and will not socially distance, despite all our very best efforts. There's a great deal of goodwill out there at the moment, but I do fear that will change if and when staff / pupils / parents become very poorly (or worse) from a school-based infection. There are no easy answers - we can't shut down the schools, but we can't continue with the current guidance.

Jesus. Feel for you JT, it's so difficult to maintain the balance of good education face to face and SD.

visors are useless - you breathe in through your nose so you draw UP air and vapour so go ahead use visors - you may as well use fuck all

Like many you miss the whole point on masks and visors. It's not to protect you it's to protect others. Visor are scientifically proven to reduce the radius of spread of vapour and in turn reduction the chances of an infected person infecting others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.