Owning a nice watch

Stupid question.

Do you use it when you're playing golf? Is it any good for that purpose?
Yes mate. I used a GPS app and Apple Watch before which was ok but the Garmin Marq is a bit special. It’s without equal for GPS range finding. Played this morning with a mate who has a laser range finder and it’s within a yard but the watch also has “plays like” so it factors in the wind and slope of the hole, has an auto caddie that tells you what club it recommends based on the above (and knows how far you hit each club after it gets to know you). All of which can be done with an Apple Watch and arccos sensors but it’s also nice to wear off the course and I never really treat myself.

Review in Bunkered

Yes mate. I used a GPS app and Apple Watch before which was ok but the Garmin Marq is a bit special. It’s without equal for GPS range finding. Played this morning with a mate who has a laser range finder and it’s within a yard but the watch also has “plays like” so it factors in the wind and slope of the hole, has an auto caddie that tells you what club it recommends based on the above (and knows how far you hit each club after it gets to know you). All of which can be done with an Apple Watch and arccos sensors but it’s also nice to wear off the course and I never really treat myself.

Review in Bunkered

If you can afford something like that it's worth treating yourself mate, nice looking watch and it has a real world application.

I have played golf twice in my life and it would take much more than a top watch to improve my game ;)

I once bought a Thai Omega 007 Seamster. Looked the bollocks till the bezel fell off.
Similar with a Thai 'rolex' at a night market. Great apart from the hour hand needed help to get over the rolex logo once every 12 hrs :-)

Not a golfer , and it's a nice looking watch but having all that tech on your wrist to knock a ball in a hole, is that not taking something away from the sport of golf ?

Not a golfer , and it's a nice looking watch but having all that tech on your wrist to knock a ball in a hole, is that not taking something away from the sport of golf ?
No, go to any decent course and you (are expected to) pay to have a local caddie give you the distances and ‘plays like’.

The course I’m a member at has GPS giving you the distances to the front, middle and back on every motorised golf cart and just about every golfer I know either uses a laser range finder or gps app on their phone.

Knowing the distances is handy, but it doesn’t help you actually swing a club at 110 mph to hit a ball, 45 inches away, 1 1/2 inches across at the right angle, with the right direction.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.