United (H) Post Match Thread

Might be reactionary and probably is but can some of them be relied on in big cl games, imagine being in Munich and sterling’s on a 1 on 1 deary me

KDB is a fantastic player with many qualities but we are a better
I think you’re wrong on this one buddy. The general point is sound but for the biggest games you need your very best team. I think most people would agree that our best team right now has both Foden and Bernardo in it and neither were included. They embellish both our attack and our defending from the front.
I think pep knows this aswell. In more meaningful games against the rags we always play false nine with Bernardo being a starter. I can only think he thought this one wasn’t as important in the grand scheme and rotated and gave minutes to Kdb. I cannot imagine pep is happy with that performance or result especially. But the bigger picture suggests it’s a free hit really. Gets the monkey off our backs aswell about records at a time when we are still going for four trophies.

You say the greatest goalscorer we have is in the stands because you're looking at the past. The likelihood is that player is gone. He hasn't scored a league goal for over a year. He's taken 10 months to come back from a 6 week injury. He looked woeful in the last game.

You're looking at Aguero on the bench and thinking its the old Aguero, and the sad fact is that Pep sees him every day and would have thrown him on in an instant if he thought he could help - he did it all the time over the last 5 years.
Thats why he will be gone . end of season.

I switched off at full time so I haven’t seen the comments , however and we all knew how united would play on the counter , that’s what they did and they excelled at it. I can’t recall Henderson making any quality saves.
We had plenty of possession but really did nothing with it.
I tend to take it on my chin when we get beat by them as I know and my rag mates know we are better than them and have been for the past decade.
Totally agree with your last paragraph. I said earlier in the thread the lads don’t get up thinking I won’t play well today. A loss is a loss and after 21 wins, ok we’ll bounce back. It was just that Twitter thing that got to me. Sorry :-)

Said in the pre match I felt relaxed. Thought it was because they're so far behind I wouldn't care. Safe to say I was fucking wrong. That hurts regardless of league position.

When I saw the lineup the same foreboding as when I saw the Lyon lineup.

Walker had to start. Their only threat was the counter. Ferny had to start. He is the king of the dark arts. Foden had to start. He knows what it means. Bernardo had to start. He fights for every ball.

It was the wrong lineup and it didn't change at HT as it should have. Sterling just lacks the bottle in the big games. De Bruyne was really poor. Jogging about, playing poor passes and just completely off it.

But for all the stick we might give the team. 21 wins in a row. That's made today painful but tomorrow morning with a clear head it's still a great view from the top.

Maybe we needed a little bump. Rather have had it against Southampton but better than in the FA Cup or CL.

And it still shows how in a big game we are beatable and lacking a clinical edge in front of goal. The wrong pass or a poor one. Not shooting when we could have or shooting when a pass was on.

Pep just hasn't managed to nail their quite obvious tactics against us. But we move on. Three derbies and we won the one we needed to.

The CL is still beyond us on tonight's performance. Pep still has a mistake in him, he is human. And the players still have that bad game in them for the same reason. Just needed one to step up. Gundogan tried and I feel with Bernardo and Foden in the side would have got us the win between them.

I don’t understand why Sterling didn’t get a pen! If it was the other way round it would have been nailed on and at 1-0 could have changed the game.

having said that it was a poor performance all round really.

I think you’re wrong on this one buddy. The general point is sound but for the biggest games you need your very best team. I think most people would agree that our best team right now has both Foden and Bernardo in it and neither were included. They embellish both our attack and our defending from the front.
But if we lost with Kev on the bench people would be asking where he was. And people are still decrying Aguero not being on the pitch despite not being fit, healthy or firing for over a year.

KDB stunk the place out from minute 1. Needs to be benched, absolutely no reason for Bernarndo / Foden not to start .
Pep's biggest mistake for this game. KDB is not fit and has altered our rhythm since he came back, bench him, it'll do the lad a favour. 2nd biggest mistake, not playing Walker, our fastest player, against a team that relies on quick counter attacking. I'm gutted at this one, more than any of the other recent defeats to United. 17 points would have been insurmountable. Now we have sown a seed of doubt in our players minds and a seed of hope in the oppositions. You need to learn Mr G. The derby means everything, don't mess about trying to play your players (KDB) in to form in this one, go with those that are clearly wearing their hearts on their sleeves, Foden and Bernie. CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.