VAR - 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
It

It didn’t matter if he got a shoelace or a full foot on the ball he followed through studs up and could have snapped Foden’s ankle. This instance wasn’t even a case of was it wasn’t it. Not arguing with you by the way, just highlighting how wrong the referee and the VAR nobs were.
I've often debated with folk that tackles that are intended to take ball and player out by what some pundits would call a 'Welcome to English Football' tackle is a foul, and yer right - the tackle was reckless regardless of any touch on the ball.

Remember the PL implemented it a season later to ensure they got it right Well Mr Riley that went well, could you also explain why the qualified ref was over ruled in the VAR den when he thought it was a foul by the Saints keeper on Phil by the match commander, Adam Carter, who is not a qualified ref?
Adam Carter should have stuck to "Spooks'. He was good in that.

Easy remedy though..

Get the ref mic'd up and any footballer telling him he's a fucking useless, cheating, result manipulating, bent, fkin w*nker* gets an instant red card and a 3 game ban..

Repeat offenders are instantly banned for the season..

The swearing would soon stop ..!

Works perfectly in rugby, huge guys smashing into each other and then showing the match officials the upmost respect when they get pulled up for dislocating the opposition hooker's bollocks..

If said by any City player or employee of Manchester City Football Club to the useless, cheating cnut in the middle during a game, the ref is obliged to instantly stop the game with a blast of his whistle, firmly shake the player's / employee's hand and say into his mic, "it's a fair cop, we've been fucking your club over for years and will continue to do so"..

..... then restart the game with a drop ball..!
There is already a law in the EPL that only a captain is allowed to challenge the ref over a decision dissent receives a yellow, it is not adhered to as none have respect for a ref, a ref explaining his decision over a mike would earn respect regardless of its accuracy , it would make all complaints redundant, but the FA must rescind their gagging order on Managers , we can judge for ourselves whether managers such as Alladyce are clowns.

From WHU v arsenal....regardless of if the player goes down or not if it's a foul, it's a foul.
Why does VAR need the player to go down all arms and legs frailing, a push is a push if it's a foul it's a foul, if it's a penalty it's a penalty. Unless the player stays on his feet !
Shouldnt VAR bring looking to see if their is a foul regardless of the player going down or staying up , or am I missing something ? You can play advantage and than pull play back

20210321_161013.jpg

Because that's exactly how they want it to be. Cricket and Rugby have embraced VAR to ensure the right decisions are reached; football has used it to ensure the "right" results are reached.
Not always, in one of the recent India England games, England challenged a LBW, not out, decision. Video ref proved a bat first and the decision was upheld. However the ball was caught following the bat pad and it wasn't even looked at. It was about 3 balls later that I think Mike Atherton brought it up.

Not always, in one of the recent India England games, England challenged a LBW, not out, decision. Video ref proved a bat first and the decision was upheld. However the ball was caught following the bat pad and it wasn't even looked at. It was about 3 balls later that I think Mike Atherton brought it up.
Some of the third umpire decisions in those games were distinctly dodgy (no neutral umpires) but overall both sports have tried to be as open as possible in their use of the technology.

Memory playing tricks on me, so can't remember which game the offside was called against us when the freeze frame was after the ball had left Bernies(?) head.

Compare and contrast that with West Ham's third goal today where the freeze frame appears to be before Antonio headed the ball on.

I have been drinking so I stand to be corrected.

Memory playing tricks on me, so can't remember which game the offside was called against us when the freeze frame was after the ball had left Bernies(?) head.

Compare and contrast that with West Ham's third goal today where the freeze frame appears to be before Antonio headed the ball on.

I have been drinking so I stand to be corrected.
Bernardo’s header for Laporte against wolves,and your right I’ve just seen the West Ham goal and your spot on ..dodgy as fuck ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.