Dortmund (H) - CL QF | Post-Match Thread

Control the ball as we can and better than we did yesterday. Slow it down so we dictate the pace of the game. The chances will come for us and we will take at least a couple. There is no home advantage this season so the best team normally wins. Genuinely I think we will win this tie by three goal margin at least.
I think another 2-1 is in ordnung! To us, of course!

1-0 would have been better than 2-1 but it's certainly a lot better than 1-1so can't complain with the result.

Not happy with the performance tonight though. Very very sloppy all over the pitch and not the intensity we needed to be at for a game of this magnitude.

Badly missed Fernandinho tonight, that same team with him in there wins comfortably imo. Rodri can't do it at this level on his own he needs his hand held by either Fernandinho or Bernardo, hopefully Pep rectifies that for the second leg (and hopefully beyond)

don't think cancelo worked either as I predicted pre-match, coming in on his right too much shortens the pitch, a zinchenko in there tonight with a natural left foot quickens up our approach and gets foden on the ball faster.

Disappointed in Peps subs, jesus on was the correct call but Bernardo should have stayed on the pitch in a deeper role, his energy is vital and we all marvel at the quality of our bench but he's not using it, 5 subs allowed tonight we should be bringing on fresh legs and that's where our squad depth can make the most impact with the quality we can bring on against tired legs yet we make just the one. Strange.

Got a decent result, should have been better but it leaves us in a good position for the second leg.
Should have given stirling a run at em last 15 minutes.

We were in control in that first half in my view, without exerting ourselves. Besides a tame effort from Bellingham, with not much to aim at, the only reason they deserved to be level was a complete gift from Ederson, that they shouldn't have had a sniff at. So if they do decide to play that way I think we'll manage it, probably more convincingly for the second time facing them.

The decisions that went against them in the first half probably did most of their managers work for them at half time. They were incensed and came out of the blocks fast and were probably good for their goal but they didn't have much to lose at that point either. We still created more than them in that last 30mins than they did in the whole half, we probably should have scored 3 or more in that period.

If the players manage the game well, it's advantage City but it's not won yet.

Last edited:
it seems people expect us to win 5 0 in a champions league quarter final it very rarely happens.city controlled large parts of the game should have had a couple more and conceded a very good goal.it happens when you play good sides,we looked much better when jesus came on
i dont expect our keeper to act like he is on blackpool bleeding beach, pep needs to kick his arse, does it to much. ! will cost us big one day.

Btw, bellingham clearly fouled ederson, i dont understand all the noise around it. you cant challenge with studs up at a guy, im sorry

Also, Haaland clearly fouls dias to get the 1vs 1 with ederson, just watch the replay. If he scores there var disallows it

Last edited:
Might have been a bit of a gamble, but I thought Torres might have been an option on the right late in the second half. As their legs went, it was Foden’s pace down the left that caused them problems, so having that threat down their right,too, might have stretched them even more.

Pass of the night from Ilkay, Foden finished it off with aplomb, calmed the old nerves. Not sure about Rodri's contribution tonight, ditto Berni and Cancelo.

The number of times Mahrez made a half-arsed attempt to get back when they overturned the ball was a bit of a worry. Can't slag him off as he created the first goal beautifully.

Hopefully we'll play better in the return leg.
The pass of the night was Kevin's pass to Ilkay who laid it off for Phil. That was one of the few times that Ilkay did get forward. Most often, he was being caught on the ball and misplacing passes compared to his usual standard.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.