Borussia Dortmund (A) - CL QF | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We were pretty poor first leg, but still good enough to beat them. If we are lacklustre like that again then I fear the worst. If we turn up though, then I'm confident we will have enough to go through. We have a habit of choking in the later stages of the CL, which worries me, but hopefully we got the not so great performance out of the way already, in the 1st leg, and tonight we will play a blinder.

I'm not even remotely concerned about tonight. Not because I think we'll breeze it, although that would be OK, but because I still cannot get remotely excited about this thing. Yes I will watch, and yes I want us to win, but no more than if this was a League Cup game v Barnsley. I've lost no sleep over it nor give it any thought but conversely I'm still replaying the loss to Leeds in my head and forward looking to the Villa game and how we must win. Maybe it's a United thing playing on my mind but given the option of which one, if I could only have one, then it's the Premier League. I'd still rather win the Premier League even if Liverpool somehow fluked the Champions League, than win the Champions League and have United win the Premier League.
I cannot be alone I'm sure.
Grown up through the really dark times and followed City everywhere and despised the Rags with a passion

I wanted any team who had a chance to shit on the fuckers

But now sorry I couldn’t give a fuck about them, they have become insignificant

I stood and boo the CL anthem and still boo at the tv but

This my friend is our chance to go through to the semi final of the major European competition.

My arse is now starting to go a little and I just can’t wait for this game

I'm not even remotely concerned about tonight. Not because I think we'll breeze it, although that would be OK, but because I still cannot get remotely excited about this thing. Yes I will watch, and yes I want us to win, but no more than if this was a League Cup game v Barnsley. I've lost no sleep over it nor give it any thought but conversely I'm still replaying the loss to Leeds in my head and forward looking to the Villa game and how we must win. Maybe it's a United thing playing on my mind but given the option of which one, if I could only have one, then it's the Premier League. I'd still rather win the Premier League even if Liverpool somehow fluked the Champions League, than win the Champions League and have United win the Premier League.
I cannot be alone I'm sure.

It's totally possible to care about more than one competition at the same time, just as it's very possible for us to win more than one in a season. Sorry, I struggle to believe that you genuinely don't care about the Champions League.

For me it is the only thing left that holds us back from being a true giant of world football. Win that and we're sorted.

Just back from a sensational four hour walk in Dalby Forest, bloody amazing what a drop of sunshine can do. Feel invigorated and pumped for this evening. No nerves!

Nights like tonight are what it’s all about. Before UEFA decided to hate us, I’d get goosebumps when hearing the CL anthem and would daydream about City merely making an appearance in the competition. This game is actually bringing some of those feelings back. I don’t know what is different this time but I really, really care. I know it’s fashionable to say you don’t give a shit about the CL, but I do. I am heavily invested emotionally in this campaign. Maybe it’s because it’s post CAS verdict, maybe it’s the hope of being able to see City lift their trophy, knowing how much it will hurt them after they thought they had us. But I just want this so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.