Borussia Dortmund (A) - CL QF | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not even remotely concerned about tonight. Not because I think we'll breeze it, although that would be OK, but because I still cannot get remotely excited about this thing. Yes I will watch, and yes I want us to win, but no more than if this was a League Cup game v Barnsley. I've lost no sleep over it nor give it any thought but conversely I'm still replaying the loss to Leeds in my head and forward looking to the Villa game and how we must win. Maybe it's a United thing playing on my mind but given the option of which one, if I could only have one, then it's the Premier League. I'd still rather win the Premier League even if Liverpool somehow fluked the Champions League, than win the Champions League and have United win the Premier League.
I cannot be alone I'm sure.
You're not alone. A fair few ,I'm guessing , are wary of admitting it openly. Tbh I'm not as nervous as I was before the Leeds game especially after I saw the team sheet. But, the CL is certainly a very close 2nd to PL and a defeat on aggregate would still hurt no matter how important the League is. He will put out a solid, suitable team tonight and it should bring us reward.

I'm not even remotely concerned about tonight. Not because I think we'll breeze it, although that would be OK, but because I still cannot get remotely excited about this thing. Yes I will watch, and yes I want us to win, but no more than if this was a League Cup game v Barnsley. I've lost no sleep over it nor give it any thought but conversely I'm still replaying the loss to Leeds in my head and forward looking to the Villa game and how we must win. Maybe it's a United thing playing on my mind but given the option of which one, if I could only have one, then it's the Premier League. I'd still rather win the Premier League even if Liverpool somehow fluked the Champions League, than win the Champions League and have United win the Premier League.
You are not alone I assure you. League title every time for me. The Leeds defeat has ruined my week thus far and I will not settle until we beat villa whatever happens tonight

I said more or less the same thing and got butchered on here. Also, what some folk overlook is that, if we somehow win this tournament, Pep may just decide that his project has been accomplished and leave.

Feel totally relaxed about tonight. City are going to be on it and think it'll be a De Bruyne masterclass tonight.

You're not alone. A fair few ,I'm guessing , are wary of admitting it openly. Tbh I'm not as nervous as I was before the Leeds game especially after I saw the team sheet. But, the CL is certainly a very close 2nd to PL and a defeat on aggregate would still hurt no matter how important the League is. He will put out a solid, suitable team tonight and it should bring us reward.

I can understand how our owner, foreign fans and a lot from outside of the Mcr area have the CL as their top trophy, but not for me. I have now raised the desire to win the CL to a slightly higher place than the FA Cup, but the league is still THE trophy for me. And this is only because others seem to use the lack of European ‘success’ as a stick to beat us with.
It amazed me the press ran with ‘Don’t win the CL and Pep’s a failure’. He obviously said it with sarcasm - how can he not be recognised as a genius when he’s won trophies playing the best football ever?
Let’s win it and then, in the future it can be treated as a nice extra to a season - the same as the FA and League Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.