The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
no offence. but if you thought we where bought as an act of kindness or due to the romance of the game and not with a business plan in mind then you are incredibly naive
Not all all, I completely understand that owners want to make money, but there has always been an element of altruism involved in owning a Club.

In North America, major sport franchises are “big business”, its owners and very rich and very powerful. This move looks more like the big business model to me.

1) This is obviously a bit immoral.

2) I can believe City are in on this. We haven't been playing nice for so long for no reason.

3) There's no way they expected this to work, right? I wouldn't be surprised if there's some kind of extremely beneficial compromise to all of this.

4) Although tbh, the CL isn't much better.

Nobody can suddenly stop being a City fan , you cannot switch it off like a light switch , if the club have agreed to this then so be it , I follow the club not the Leagues

the thing is you can walk away and just be a token fan watching on tv ? the truth is from 1992 football in england was killed by sky. you had not choice but to watch united every week and its still based around united games

match going fans mean nothing to football clubs all the money is in tv and showing games around the world
how many 3.00pm kick offs do we see even before covid-19 ? and games are spread across the weekend and monday night for tv arm chair fans around the world

the one thing covid-19 as highlighted is football does not need fans in stadiums ? the money is still coming in and people still buying shirts and stuff online ? the game went years ago match going fans are worthless to clubs

That’s a really strong statement from UEFA.

if we stick to the current format I wonder if they will stop treating us like cunts now all the others have sold them out

Reactions: mat
I have been out so only just seeing this. Is the proposal a new Euro competition to sit alongside the Prem, or for the clubs involved to leave the Prem entirely?

If its the former, ok let’s see what is proposed.

If it’s the latter, I am truly disgusted we would be involved. We, along with the others would effectively be putting a nail in the coffin of X number of football clubs. These clubs cannot survive, playing in a league that no fucker is interested in watching. All the money that clubs like Burnley, Leicester, et al all enjoy now, would turn to dust, when they don’t have the likes of United, Liverpool, City and the rest to bring in the cash.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.