The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
If Vinnie’s managerial career doesn’t take off, I am praying for Vinnie, Zaba, Fernandinho etc to be founding members and owners of FC City of Manchester. Now that is something I could be excited about. We’re all going on an English grass roots tour, an English grass roots tour, an English grass roots tour!

This tweet kind of reinforces my earlier point, even in this league it's skewed in favour of the old elite clubs

Of course it will. It was literally created because those "big history" clubs didn't like that they had to earn their way into the top competition. Much easier to make your own tournament and pay yourselves more than the other clubs in it. I'm telling you City will regret getting in bed with the very people who tried to take us down.

It doesn't do much for the "product" if the games are played in half empty stadiums. They have made it clear they don't give a shit about the oridinary fans. They would probably be happier with overseas fans coming over and spending more money. As per my last post I could see the games being moved to somehere where it's more lucrative. We are like one of those NFL franchises now, where the team get moved if they don't get the right support in their own City.
People have gotten used to wholly empty stadiums. Clubs aren't bothered about it, the biggest stadiums in the world can only house 100k. Its nothing when they have millions paying to watch on tv.

As you say, the relocation of games is now a real possibility, its already been enforced in the CL because of COVID - City playing home games in Beijing, in their new dragon red kit, sponsored by the CCP, with a 3am GMT kick off - cant wait.

That fucking clown of a PM Johnson is against it. It must be a brilliant idea then. Yet he is not a state interventionist and the government are huge fans of capitalism and love nothing more than protecting the gilded elite.

I wonder what all those people who voted for brexit think about it :))

Whatever will be, will be, and we can kick and scream and shout , we can swear and protest (oh no we cant its banned) then come KO time the Etihad will be full (apart from the empty seats of course) and the lads in sky blue will be supported, because that it what we do whether we are playing Real Madrid or Rotherham, AC Milan or Aldershot. We will still hate those cunts from Stretford and Liverpool will still be horrible cunts. On the plus side we wont have to play against that **** Vardy.

I expect there will be a compromise, where a European Super League takes the place of the CL and the PL carries on as normal. Teams in ESL will have enough money to pay for two teams and squads of 40 will be the norm. City will play 70 games a season instead of 50.

I do think it is really hypocritical of all these politicians on TV suddenly caring about fans, when they haven't given two fucks about us for a generation. Anything for a vote though.

I can't help but think though that UEFA have brought this upon themselves, they started it with their idiotic proposals for the CL and by involving non champions in the CL and i certainly will shed no tears about their demise.

how would we have though if we were in the 3rd division about to play Gillingham, would we be thinking we had been left behind and there was no future for us and we would have just slid into anonymity. With money comes power and with power comes more wealth, that is how capitalism works and unless all of you cunts are going to join me and become anti capitalist crusaders then you will just have to suck it up I am afraid.

Whose going Milan away?
Brexit you say?

This could end up at the European Court of Justice!

It undoubtedly is, given that the stories are they hadn't got their way over a key proposal around commercial revenue in the about-to-be-agreed new CL format. So a small voice in me says wait and see, as breakaway threats have been used many times before. And also that we might be in this mainly in order to piss on their chips, as someone obviously leaked this & we've seemingly used Ziegler before.

But these threats have never gone as far as this, at least as far as UEFA are concerned. We've seen the introduction of the Premier League of course, which the FA implicitly backed then found that the clubs it thought it had got onside were in fact not interested in them as an ally.

We could have gone to a point where we put out a statement saying that we were invited to join but had no intention of doing business with these clubs, who'd tried everything to stop us getting richer while trying to line their own pockets. That would have been powerful in my view.

Bit we went ahead and put our name to this, which I'm deeply ashamed of, but not wholly surprised at sadly. The line's been drawn now as far as I, and I'm sure others, are concerned.

City till I die? We fucking died when that statement went on the OS.
I think it is way beyond a power play. It’s happening. The CL is dead and the ESL is here. The ESL will be hoping to negotiate with the current powers to get their model,or very close to it, ratified and stay in the domestic leagues.

The ESL is here now as it’s got huge financial backing that UEFA can’t compete with.

We were top of the pile of the existing Premier League. Wed have been happy to stay there.

Man Utd and Liverpool had maximum to gain.

We couldn't afford to be on the outside.
Leave it out Marvin we’re run by a bunch of greedy soulless twats just like the rest of them

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.