The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Had an interesting conversation with someone I take a good deal of notice of.

The American owned clubs/Barca and Madrid don't have much say in this matter. They always say follow the money...

The power play is not by the clubs, but by the American banks that hold huge amounts of their debt.

Covid has accelerated the concerns of when United, Liverpool and Arsenal can start paying this down more quickly.

JP Morgan and others are essentially paying themselves, fronting the cash for the formation and knowing it is coming straight back to them to pay down those huge debt piles.

They have also made sure these revenue streams last long after the clubs have paid back their debts.

City and Chelsea were seemingly between a rock and hard place of what best served their own interests.
If true then this is really biting UEFA in the arse for going after us and PSG to serve the cartel clubs instead of regulating debt.

This thing won't get off the ground. They're is so much opposition from the fans of every club and the national associations that it would never work.
As much as UEFA are a bunch of corrupt cunts it is plain to see that the clubs we are getting into bed with are the same bunch of scroats who tried their damnest to exclude us from European competition and who have been pulling the strings at UEFA for years. But City have a chance to gain the moral high ground by turning their back on the super league and supporting the national game. Leave the others high and dry while we take a moral stand. The good publicity we would get would last longer than the proposed super league.
Not only is this wrong on so many levels , us alligning ourselves with the red alliance actually feels like merger between City and the rags, of which I don't want any part
too late now, we've shot our bolt... in or out we are dammed by the other side.

The club are now in the position where they need this to go through. If they find some way to halt these plans they have alienated the fanbase and trashed the clubs reputation for nothing. But I don't think there is any recovering the clubs image. Forever more will we be associated with this.

Sadly, this.

The damage has been done, for City more than any other.

We all knew those cunts Glazers, FSG, Perez etc were greedy and would sell their respective clubs up a short creek at the first whiff of billions. But City? City always stood by their history, their connection with the fans and people of Manchester, their morale compass.

Trust in Khaldoon, Soriano and the Sheikh is irreparably destroyed. The club has made it very clear they don't give a flying fuck about the "legacy" fans and that'll stick regardless of whether this goes ahead.

If anyone is thinking of watching or going to these 'ELITE' Super league games, they need to take a long hard look in the mirror... It's an absolute disgrace. I feel crushed today... by my own bloody club too....

Near 5% who clicked yes above, hang the heads in shame lads...

Had an interesting conversation with someone I take a good deal of notice of.

The American owned clubs/Barca and Madrid don't have much say in this matter. They always say follow the money...

The power play is not by the clubs, but by the American banks that hold huge amounts of their debt.

Covid has accelerated the concerns of when United, Liverpool and Arsenal can start paying this down more quickly.

JP Morgan and others are essentially paying themselves, fronting the cash for the formation and knowing it is coming straight back to them to pay down those huge debt piles.

They have also made sure these revenue streams last long after the clubs have paid back their debts.

City and Chelsea were seemingly between a rock and hard place of what best served their own interests.
If that's the case then the best thing City and Chelsea could've done is told them to shove it up their arse (of course, we should've been doing that anyway). One club making a stand might not make much difference but two would've been a statement. I'm not including Spurs because Levy and Lewis will always follow the money but City and Chelsea really didn't have to get involved in this shit show IMO.

Some rumours suggesting Maureen refused to take his players on to the training ground today because of this superleague nonsense. Fair play to him for that, needs Pep to follow suit now

I'm absolutely furious at the whole thing. Way to fuck over fans. I should be glad because it means no Liverpool, but I'm not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.