The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Sadly, this.

The damage has been done, for City more than any other.

We all knew those cunts Glazers, FSG, Perez etc were greedy and would sell their respective clubs up a short creek at the first whiff of billions. But City? City always stood by their history, their connection with the fans and people of Manchester, their morale compass.

Trust in Khaldoon, Soriano and the Sheikh is irreparably destroyed. The club has made it very clear they don't give a flying fuck about the "legacy" fans and that'll stick regardless of whether this goes ahead.
Cant agree with this. If we didn't join, they would have asked Leicester or Everton leaving us with a decimated PL and business plan.
Sadly I don't think City had any options, join the league or return ultimately to mid table PL as our stars and owners sought pastures new.
Whilst many of a certain vintage feel this is an abhorrent step in the wrong direction, I'm sure many younger fans will shrug there shoulders and get on with it.
Personally, sour taste at present.

None of us really know the exact power play. Getting paranoid over assumptions that we will be screwed is even more pointless, since the formation and division of a new league is obviously the biggest concern.

Last edited:
The thing that upsets me most about this, is every single one of those cunts tried to destroy use. Not just “beat” us, but actually destroy everything we were/are & will be.
They cheated, they smeared, they changed rule after rule to keep us back.

they treated the club with absolute contempt. The club I love, and have supported all my life.
And now they’ve decided to cozy up to these same people, to give them absolute power over us, and we don’t even have a member of the board for our interest. And we’re supposed to be on board with it.

part of me knows that football will survive, and the right hands will be greased, but still.

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.
Just your day? The 52 year love affair over and it has ruined more than just my day. It’s a sense of loss and betrayal like you caught your wife cheating after after the diamond anniversary.

Been on their forum? Good 80% of them want this!
I doubt that. I suspect 80% of foreign Liverpool fans who never go want it so they can cream themselves watching Messi. But the real fans (not those that just “watch it on TV unless something better is on the other side”) will think it is awful

So Porto, a club that has to sell their best players and rebuild well enough to make it into next season champions league every single season, despite it meaning they could be secure, keep players they wouldn't ordinarily be able to keep and absolutely dominate their domestic league with this level of guaranteed revenue all whilst knowing if they reject the invitation there's a high chance one of their rivals takes their spot can still turn round and reject the invitation but two of the richest clubs in the world in city and Chelsea were reluctantly forced into it? Yeah, don't buy it for a second.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.