The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Listen to this. A board member speaks out. Confirms splits are emerging at boardroom level, but all the club owners are all still going ahead with the breakaway. They are not bothered about the backlash. They expected it. All they are bothered about is revenues and profit, even if it damages football.

Reactions: ell

And there you have it. The clubs are not concerned about the good of the game. They would be delighted if their players were banned from international competition and would treat the Premier League as the lesser competition and play weakened teams. Don’t care about negative publicity either. It’s official. We don’t matter.

I just read a an article where its says -
Sources close to several clubs say their research shows that younger supporters want to see more games between the world’s most famous clubs and players and the clubs are responding to the trends.

Do our younger fans agree with this- I would be considered as an older supporter, and to me playing them over and over again would be boring. I personally like playing different teams in different places, that you get in the early rounds of the Chumps league.
im 31 so not too young , but definitley dont like the earlier rounds of the champoons
Feel exactly the same way. Always wanted City to give UEFA the big fuck you and in a way they have done this but the way they have done it does not sit right with and cozying up to the cartel is the worst way they could do it.

I absolutely love the club and City have given me some unbelievable moments in my life, moments I will cherish forever but it seems they were put in a position in which they could not say no. This IS going to happen, the leagues will give the clubs what they want. For 14 months I've been dying to get back to the ground to a watch a game. Will I go back? probably. But the landscape of football has changed forever now and I have no idea how I'm going to cope with that
feel like from the beginning , the pressure from the cartel clubs on uera to impose restrcitions and sanctin
English football sold it's soul in 1992

Football clubs around the world sold their souls when they were bought out by billionaires

Manchester City FC sold it's tradition when the owners dropped the 'FC' from the name

It's a capitalist society - Shit like this happens every day around the world. Winners and losers.

As football fans,what have we actually 'lost'? - Answer, in real terms, a lot less than we will 'gain' in the long term.

Traditional football died in 1992, so what are we crying about now...? The loss of an old friend? I think not.

I'm a traditionalist. I've loved football through the 60s to the present day. I've just loved it a bit less every few years, as it became more and more of a business than a sport. Same with a lot of things in life. The departures of traditional football men like Wardle and Bernstein signalled the beginning end for me, but even so, I still kept buying my seasoncards.

The world of 'entertainment' moves forward - What is happening is outside our control. We can stamp our feet and type long messages on social media etc, but at the end of the day, it's someone else's ball, and they make the rules. We can either keep going to games, or look for something else to entertain us. I wouldn't blame anyone who doesn't go again.

I said years ago that I did not trust overseas owners involved in English football, and later expressed serious doubt over the long-term intention of Sheikh Mansour?ADUG in relation to the club. I felt at the time that we were getting in bed with the wrong people, and was criticised for even daring to question Mansour and Co.

Billionaires are billionaires because they're ruthless bastards - They don't give a shit about the 'little people' paying a couple of thousand or so a year towatch football. For every one who leaves, there are 20 tourists waiting to buy their ticket.

I look back to 2008 and remember celebrating the takeover. At the time, a rag mate (an early member of the FC United movement) said to me; "be careful what you wish for... You just might get it".

This is us 'getting it' now. The owners are heartless bastards who have never actually given a shit about the fans, tradition etc. It was all lip-service, keeping ex-players like Summerbee etc around to provide fans a tentative link to the past... It's a sham.

I'll probably still go to games in a Super League, just like I'd still go to games if we were in the Conference. It's a tough habit to break after 60 years.

One thing I do know for sure though... Manchester City died yesterday when they put Glazer's message on the website... If Mansour and Co, Pep, and all the players f*cked off tomorrow, I wouldn't shed a single tear about it. It's just killed off a bit more of my love for the game.
great post

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.