The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
There'll be no value when the likes of the dippers and rags start fielding u23 teams to prioritise their ESL games (remember we're talking about one club that didn't turn up for the FA Cup and another who's manager decided he couldn't be arsed managing an FA Cup game). When there's no fight for European places.

You might be right but I think that while this remains only a CL replacement, there will still be interest in winning the title and there will still be a big enough audience. If they kick the 6 out, the SL will become a full on league, playing at weekends and the PL would feel a much greater impact.

What I hope for is no longer possible. We'll see when the dust settles what this all becomes.

There are some right flippers on here aren't there?
It won't happen. It just won't fucking happen. The whole bit about only certain clubs being relegated means it won't happen. I know they've done a fair bit of planning but it will end with a shit compromise. UEFA won't lose their cash clubs and something even more corrupt than the CL will be the result.
If this super league goes ahead as planned I'll eat my hat. Maybe not as my head will get cold. So if this goes ahead I'll eat pie, chips and gravy. Either way it won't go ahead as outlined in the papers today.
If it doesn't happen, and if it was never going to happen, it's even more baffling that we would put our name in with the Cartel with this... what are we playing at if this isn't even going to happen?!

I am hoping and praying that City release a statement saying something along the lines of 'following consultation within the club with it's shareholders and supporters, we wish to reverse our decision to join the ESL, and believe we made a mistake in initially joining. We look forward to further dialogue with all relevant organizations'.

Or something to that effect. I hold zero hope.
my thoughts as well , not holding my breath though.

So basically JP Morgan have offered £4.5 Billionish to finance this, hence it’s all about money and wherever the money is. for our owners thats change down the back of the sofa, so why not blow the fuckers out of water and make a rival bid? Shift the balance of power away from the yank owned clubs? Football sold its soul decades if not a century ago, be funny as fuck to watch them all come grovelling to our owners.
Nope, this is a power play for control of European competition between the clubs and UEFA.

Anyone involved, player, manager whatever... that supports this is not worthy of our support...
Who said they support it? They may have been informed of it and they are simply honouring the contract handed to them, that states you pull on the shirt, cardigan or whatever, and represent the club.

You might be right but I think that while this remains only a CL replacement, there will still be interest in winning the title and there will still be a big enough audience. If they kick the 6 out, the SL will become a full on league, playing at weekends and the PL would feel a much greater impact.

What I hope for is no longer possible. We'll see when the dust settles what this all becomes.
Without competition for European places mate 14 of the teams in the league would have stopped playing in early February this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.