The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Kicking the top 6 our of the Premier League would probably destroy half the pyramid.

The TV rights deal that's currently up for renewal would be 1/3rd of what it was before at best? Club's would go from earning £100m a year to £25m, maybe 30?

Some Premier league clubs would not be able to downsize quick enough. The transfer market would crash, the parachute payments would stop and bankrupt some Championship clubs. Money would stop going from PL -> Champ -> League 1 & 2 via transfers. Support payments would be decimated.

Best case scenario would be English football going from the biggest and richest league in the world to an also ran alongside Belgium, Netherlands, Russia etc.

Every owner would lose half the valuation of their club.

It would be the suicide.
And what's left for the premier league if this goes through. It will be a shadow league like the under 23s league. The club board member who talked to sky today said that they would be playing weakened teams to rest players for midweek games. Do you think the tv deal for the for the premier league won't be affected

That is the exact same attitude all the other clubs had towards us when we were fighting FFP. I thought we fought FFP because we were the actual good guys, who didn’t want a closed shop and instead wanted fair competition for all. I thought we saw through all the lies re FFP protecting the future of football clubs.

FFP was nothing more than a covertly introduced protection racket and now that it has failed, these clubs have simply fucked off trying to do it on the QT, and are instead now doing it in plain sight. For City to be part of this after these clubs would have quite happily seen us disappear out of existence is sickening.
We didn't fight FFP because we were the good guys. We had to fight it because it was threat to our entire future as a club. I agree that the ESL could be as bad as FFP in the long-run. We don't even have voting rights in this new structure ffs.

And there you have it. The clubs are not concerned about the good of the game. They would be delighted if their players were banned from international competition and would treat the Premier League as the lesser competition and play weakened teams. Don’t care about negative publicity either. It’s official. We don’t matter.

Is this true?

Shame on ALL fans and players/managers past and present and anyone who works for the Club, who won’t stand up to this, it is disgusting...shouldn’t other teams aspire, by engaging in competition to rise up?...City back a ‘closed shop’? WHAT THE FUCK!!!! I thought we were honourable? we are NOT and the silence from our manager and ex players is deafening, and the club know it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.