The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
If reports are true that City and Chelsea were backed into a corner to sign up surely seeing the outcry this has created it’s not to late to come out now and say we have changed our minds and no longer wish to be part of this. Both clubs would be seen as saviours of the English game and fuck the other 4 clubs who have tried every trick to stop us progressing.
Yes - this seems like a fantastic opportunity for City to win some friends & goodwill from the footballing public. Take the high moral ground.

I can only think that our owners are scared that if Utd et al come to a compromise (some might say "blackmail") with UEFA, and we're not "in the room where it happens" then we'll find ourselves fucked-over big-time.
Especially as UEFA are hardly our friends either.

To be fair to the club for a moment, I do feel we've been put in a difficult position.

I'm hearing the new European Super League will be sponsored by Chrysler, featuring Gatorade timeouts, Chick-fil-A multiball in the third quarter and referees designed by Space-X.

If we top the Western Conference, I think we can go all the way in the playoffs. Up the Cityzens.

The unpalatable option is the option we have left the rest of the football pyramid with and that is probably why its a line in the sand for some.

We have sold out the rest of football to satisfy our own greed and to be honest I think were kidding ourselves if we think we were left with no alternative, its a narrative fans on here are using to blindly support the club.

That’s one way of viewing it mate - and fair enough if that’s the way you see it.

My perspective is we had a choice between a greed-driven proposal from a bunch of crooks who tried to fuck us over, or an equally greed driven proposal from another bunch of crooks who also tried to fuck us over.

We picked the best option for us.

For clarity, I think they both fucking stink, and I’d be pissed off whichever side we went with.

One side would see us teaming up with the Rags, Madrid and Liverpool whilst the other would see us teaming up with Bayern, PSG and UEFA. They’re all equally morally bankrupt, and they all fucking hate our club.

Where I differ from you is on the notion that staying with UEFA and their shit show of a revamped CL would somehow be upholding the integrity of football, and demonstrating the moral high ground.

That option simply doesn’t exist!

What regulators are you referring to?
National legislators, and national leagues and FAs.

Seen Sky quoting rules that ESL entrants would be infringing by joining.

My hope is that City are just keeping options open and maybe arent committed.

Very disappointing from City to get involved in this, if this goes ahead then it'll be the end of the great sport we all love. Who wants to watch the same teams compete every year with no surprise fixtures? All because of money. Disgusting
Some people will mate. And if they close off transfers to the big group it becomes v much like american sport v quickly. All the "big" clubs have all the players, and players become king (free agency, etc, etc)

Being a foreign fan, I probably won't have the same emotions as the lot of you on this, but hear me out. In fact I may even have a small selfish motive of hopefully getting to watch a City game live somewhere in South Asia if it happens in future and having more new City fans as mates.

Whatever City do, we won't be seen as the good guys in the media. The self-censorship on positive articles about the club would still be present, applies even to the global media. The narrative would be 'City are not a historical big 6 so they weren't invited anyway'. We won't receive the plaudits we deserve if we stay and win titles even if the proposed ESL flops, but imagine the loss of missing out on what could be the next big thing in sports. So it's not as bad as you think, City are no longer some outsiders as you think. We are here to stay and are 6th biggest club in that 12 team league in terms of fanbase and revenue.

Having said that, I hope we are clear in the terms and written agreement of the ESL so we aren't used as pawns by the 'eestree' clubs in future.
In ESL, we are Spurs and Spurs are Burnley.

i've read that their could be time outs in each half - so in essence it could be a game of 4 quarters.
FFS

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.