The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters

LOL. "We are gonna fuck you over, but IF we are not ready to fuck you over yet, you let us fuck you over later."

Nobody can be surprised by the actions of these greedy self-serving cunts. Every fucking thing has to be about them !

Taking the format of the competition on its own terms, imagine getting drawn with Arsenal and Spurs and having to play them both at least four times every season.
Arsenal in a dead rubber super league game in early December when they're bottom of your 10 team league, they have nothing to play for but can't get relegated, you've already played them in the premier league in September, have already played them once in the super league home leg, you've drawn them in the semi final of the league cup, and you still have to play them again in the league at the start of February.

Sad But true. In the US people support NFL clubs hundreds of miles away - franchising etc has all but destroyed any links between club and community.
The first bit is true but not the second part.
I currently live in Michigan and there is a strong tie between the community and their sports teams. In the NFL, the local team Detroit Lions get 65,000 every home game and they've never come close to winning, so people will still go to watch the games.

Being a foreign fan, I probably won't have the same emotions as the lot of you on this, but hear me out. In fact I may even have a small selfish motive of hopefully getting to watch a City game live somewhere in South Asia if it happens in future and having more new City fans as mates.

Whatever City do, we won't be seen as the good guys in the media. The self-censorship on positive articles about the club would still be present, applies even to the global media. The narrative would be 'City are not a historical big 6 so they weren't invited anyway'. We won't receive the plaudits we deserve if we stay and win titles even if the proposed ESL flops, but imagine the loss of missing out on what could be the next big thing in sports. So it's not as bad as you think, City are no longer some outsiders as you think. We are here to stay and are 6th biggest club in that 12 team league in terms of fanbase and revenue.

Having said that, I hope we are clear in the terms and written agreement of the ESL so we aren't used as pawns by the 'eestree' clubs in future.

Probably. I have to 'act' though and pretend to be interested, which is something ive never had to do before. Dunno if I could to be honest.

Give it a few days and i think you (and a lot of others) will realise there's not a lot of difference between City joining this and joining the new Champions League format and its not that much more revolutionary to the 1992 creation of the CL.

Its just a jump in the direction the sport has been moving for 30 years.

There will be some negotiations, give and take, more details will come out and we'll see the positives of the new competition - which will exist. We still don't know how the 5 others will qualify etc.

Nothing this big is ever as good or as bad as it first seems.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.