The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
I can’t believe I’m saying this, but if we were kicked out tonight of a Premier League we are leading and a CL in which we are semi finalists, I would applaud the courage of the football authorities. It is a disgrace and for us to hitch up with greedy yank owned scum like the rags and the victims just makes me sick.

Utterly sunk by this. Can't really think straight and i've just been achingly sad since last night. It probably doesn't help now that I'm also possibly out of a job given my youtube channel was a full time endeavour. Emotionally and professionally devastated tbh.
I feel the same way but we'll have to adapt. The positives are with ESL your channel will grow, I know you'll have to pretend to like it but those "soccer" fans we'll subscribe to your channel and hopefully one day a large promotion will pay you full time for your work.

Bayern know they will be invited in and we will see their integrity when they (don’t) turn it down.
Can't see any German teams joining, I believe they have a rule that the majority of the club must be owned by its members.

I took the time to look around oversea forums. The danger is the other continents, especially Asia, don't really give a shit, many of them actually LIKE the SL idea. I guess in the US it's the same. They care more about the big teams than the rest, so there will be plenty of business cases for these bastards.
I'm from Asia, certainly my opinion don't represent everyone. It's true most wouldn't give a shit. Most football fans I've seen or known here barely watches PL games unless it's a big match, despite their claims to be United/Chelsea/Liverpool fans etc. Some invest interest only when it's the World Cup, not even the Euros, just the World Cup. Half of them probably wouldn't even be able to tell you who their club's manager is, but they buy the odd club kit replicas here and there.

How they saw the ESL, imo, is just that, seeing the prospect of Madrid vs United, Barcelona vs Liverpool etc. They don't understand nor bother about the ramifications and consequences of said ESL. That's all they see, 'big team vs big team', mouthwatering clashes.

I presume it's the same mostly for the US.

Utterly sunk by this. Can't really think straight and i've just been achingly sad since last night. It probably doesn't help now that I'm also possibly out of a job given my youtube channel was a full time endeavour. Emotionally and professionally devastated tbh.
@twosips Why would your YT channel be sunk? Are City going out of existence?

True but if the TV money takes a big hit (which in all likelyhood it will as the big money will go to the new ESL) then those clubs are going to struggle to balance their books

Only if they continue to pay current PL wages? They would have to cut their cloth and the players would have to do the same as where else can they go? If they cannot go in the super league, all other leagues will be weakened as well so the PL would actually be at the forefront still as even without the big six we have bigger clubs than any other national league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.