The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
I really don’t think this is a starter now. The backlash has been huge. They will be looking at ways to climb down but warn Uefa at the same time with “We are pulling it for now but reserve the right to revisit it”

The damage is done though now. Absolute PR disaster this for the club at the worst possible time.

But for the American bank in the background - which makes me think this is a fait accompli and the details are all settled - I would think this would all end in an immoral compromise with UEFA. I saw Ceferin raging against these proposals, inspired purely by greed (bit slow picking up on that, Cef) but what he was really angry about was, of course, the loss of control over the CL and the revenue. So it will go to court, which could take an age, to see if the scheme is anti-competitive and then to see if the bans threatened by UEFA are contrary to law or not. And then we'll know. But whatever happens the governing bodies of world and European football will be looking after themselves. No-one will be fighting competitive football's corner.

Yes really. If we're booted out of the premier league and domestic football is dead for us then so is a lot of people's major hobby. Well for many it's more than a hobby it's a huge part of their lives and has been for many families for generations. There will be a lot of anger amongst that clubs fanbase, a bit like a strike in the workplace the fans supporting this shit "New normal" won't be very popular to say the least.
I can also see problems arise if ESL clubs stay in their domestic leagues.
IF Bayern join ESL and play away to Dortmund, Cologne, Bremen or Hamburg I can see big fan trouble as a 2-class-clash.

Media will play their part and here we go.
Ultra fans will go mad, at least in Germany.

Just listening to them! For years I have been switchin' 'em off, now I'm nodding in agreement. Who was it who said football was a funny old game!
Lineker, Spit and Neville have been milking millions from the sport . They're panicking that the gravy train may have left the station for destination Amazon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.