The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
I do feel Sky have a little bit of cheek showcasing outrage at this, given it was they that kickstarted this whole thing off back in 92.
Once football clubs start running their own broadcast platforms (which is included in the ESL proposal) then SKY will go out of business. They will do everything to undermine any moves in this direction. Personally, much as I hate these ESL plans, I won't be sorry to see SKY go. How ironic that they have grovelled to United and Liverpool for years and now these same clubs will kill them off.

I really don’t think this is a starter now. The backlash has been huge. They will be looking at ways to climb down but warn Uefa at the same time with “We are pulling it for now but reserve the right to revisit it”

The damage is done though now. Absolute PR disaster this for the club at the worst possible time.

The club has pissed up the opportunity to make a stand up the wall, idiotic really.

I’d say anyone supporting this are turning their coats against the vast majority of their own fellow fans and the fans of the rest of the football pyramid in England (and Italy and Spain), against 150+ years of tradition and history of English football (and Italy and Spain), and against the culture of this country (and Italy and Spain).

I salute any fans with the guts to walk away from City (or the other five), and leave the turncoats to carry on supporting them if they choose to.

You’re supporting a project that is basically a load of wankers whove seen their arses that it’s not guaranteed that they’re going to be the best teams in their league or in Europe anymore, and they’ve taken their ball to play with it elsewhere with City tagging along with these fucking mard arses!

It’s unfathomable how anyone can support this. These American owners are a fucking poison, they are acting with no regard for the wider game, and City are outright fucking wrong to go along with them.
Listen right, if we were nobody and hand picked for this, I'd be very cautious of it. But we aren't. We are a club who has just spent it's way to a decade of success and that success purely delivered as a result of money. If the owner has had this vision all along, and we choose to go to this competition so he gets s return on his investment, it is highly hypocritical for fans to now walk away after enjoying that success. They're probably the same fans who defended the club when people said we have unfairly gained the trophy haul this decade has given us.

You might not. I'll still go to PL games.
If the ESL had no real impact on the PL, I probably would. But this is going to make the PL utterly pointless.

It’ll be pointless for the Super League clubs to try and win the PL because it doesn’t matter where they finish in the PL as they’ll always be in the SL. And it’ll be pointless for everyone else because if any of them finish high up in the PL, or even win it, it won’t matter because they aren’t in the SL and probably never will be. SL teams will earn so little from the PL that they will either use it as a reserve league, eventually change it so PL is midweek and SL gets all the weekend slots, or breakaway from the PL completely.

Or the SL clubs would be so rich and have such good squads that no other clubs could ever break into the Top6, again making the rest of English football pointless.

If the UEFA does go through their plan of giving wildcards to prestigious clubs that don't qualify then I fail to see how their proposal will be better for City when the club could go to a league that gives automatically qualifications(not that we needed this recently) and gives a lot more money. ESL sucks but UEFA's horrible ideas aren't any better. I wonder how many football fans from other clubs know of UEFA's special spots for elite clubs when the organization is suppose to uphold fairness and equal treatment for all clubs.

It isn’t. Worse that happens is the clubs force UEFA to give into their demands of more money and control of the CL. Then you will get a Super League in a few years time.

Either way it’s coming. City have to be at the front of it or get trampled underfoot in the rush.
maybe one day but this version is collapsing under the weight of a closed shop. Won’t happen now. Time to pull out.

If we are in it we’re also rans almost immediately. They’ll have their own version of ffp to well and truly fuck us over

Probably correct as we will have to deal with some of the biggest sharks in football who all have powerful, greedy and corrupt partners in the rurunning of the shitshow .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.