The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Glad I'm not a turn coat like you, just because something isn't how I want it to be.
You called our owner Fake Mansour. I'd put my mortgage on that you didn't when 93:20 happened, exclusively funded by Fake Mansour.
Obviously we didn't slag the owners off when 93:20 happned...we didn't know what was coming back then! This changes everything.

Reactions: mac
We wouldn't be invited if we were a mid table club, so that is s dead argument. We are invited because we've just spent our way to a decade of success, something our fans get very precious about when accused of it. Yet now, as a result of that success our owner, who spent that money, wants to push us forward we have a load of fans spitting their dummies out and crying foul.
THAT is hypocrisy.
Hows it a dead argument? You wouldn’t like the ESL if City weren’t invited, so to like it because we are in it is the height of hypocrisy.

Not sure how many blues you know, but I’ve not come across a single blue who gets precious about the fact we spent our way to the league. Doubt I ever will either as it’s a clear fact that we did.

I’m not sure you either understand hypocrisy or why people are up in arms about this?

I’ve got no problem with a break away league, what I have a problem with is a closed shop. If we’re good enough to qualify every year great, if we’re not good enough, tough shit. Football achievements should be on merit not on invitation. No club should ever have a divine right to win things.

Not agreeing with a closed shop is not hypocrisy. Look in the mirror & you’ll see a hypocrite.

All this smacks of from these big clubs who have huge amount of debt taking their ball home as they’re about to lose

Reactions: mac
If the UEFA does go through their plan of giving wildcards to prestigious clubs that don't qualify then I fail to see how their proposal will be better for City when the club could go to a league that gives automatically qualifications(not that we needed this recently) and gives a lot more money. ESL sucks but UEFA's horrible ideas aren't any better. I wonder how many football fans from other clubs know of UEFA's special spots for elite clubs when the organization is suppose to uphold fairness and equal treatment for all clubs.
Because UEFA proposals would not change the order, City would remain on top. In the new league, City are also rans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.