The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
So you think we are going to be on a level playing field, not a chance.
I would like to think our legal team would have covered every angle

in fact if it’s true we signed up late is it possible we have joined up subject to a full and thorough legal review? That could be our get out clause

Sadly, I think it's gone way past that stage bud
We were a year out of Europe despite all our lawyers. This proposed competition starts in 22/23. I don’t fancy a year of no league or cup games, with all our players suspended from international football on top.

This could get very nasty.

Spending isn't a concern if they are adapting a model like NFL, the restrictions will be enough to still allow for a fairly big budget each year for all clubs involved. It's the only reason City would have considered it.

Also, lots still has to play out, we have to remind ourselves. It's not so black and white as to whether this plan actually goes through.
They’ll be adapting a model that suits them and shafts us. If you believe otherwise you’re deluded

Talks of kicking Us, Madrid and Chelsea out of the semi finals of the Champions League now. They can't do that can they?

City were finished either way as one of the top 2 or 3 most attractive clubs in the world. But they should have chose the option that saw us still have some “legacy fans” at the end of it all. We will probably receive half the money that the history clubs get and will face rules and regulations designed to impact us more than the others. Everything will have an element of past success weighting. We will be financially better off than if we didn’t join the ESL but we will be relative minnows within it. I’d rather be a relative minnow outside if it and keep our integrity. We were fucked either way, but they chose to fuck the fans too.
four games on your own tv channels to sell will soon become eight then twelve with the money rolling in for the two red clubs and RM/Barca

City and Chelsea, depending on New FFP?

I hate even thinking about this possible new world, but why would we be afraid of any spending restrictions? Our revenue is #6 in the world according to the latest Deloitte Money League.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.