The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
I agree that the question posed in the poll is the wrong one, and skews it badly. Honestly, who didn't know that very few fans on here would be ‘happy’ about joining this league? You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes.
As I see it, there are three scenarios looming up . The first one is very unlikely:
1) This league is abandoned wholesale, the clubs completely backtrack, and after some negotiations with UEFA to make the Champions League even more favourable to the powerful clubs, we go back to the status quo ante.
2) This league is maintained, and the founder clubs, including any later clubs that are invited as guests, are expelled from their domestic leagues. Everything that I've read leads me to understand that the legal implications of that are not very clear at present.
3) This league is maintained, and the founder clubs keep the right to participate in their domestic leagues. This is problematic, because participation in domestic leagues is supposed to lead to qualification for the CL. Which the founder clubs would obviously be excluded from, and it would indeed not be their intention to participate in, since the Super League is a direct replacement. You would therefore be looking at teams as far down as sixth or seventh qualifying for it, where England is concerned. Also, the monumental amount of cash that participation in the Super League represents would skew the domestic leagues even more, and breed even greater resentment among the remaining domestic clubs.
Which of these three scenarios would be acceptable to you, as a supporter?* Can you envisage another scenario preferable to these three?

*I initially defined what I understand by ‘supporter’, but then scrubbed it, because it seemed arrogant to confine it to my definition. It's however you understand the term.

Why do you have a problem with him bankrolling Salford up the leagues? This is exactly what we are trying to defend right now, that clubs can still work their way up. Do you have a problem with us having been bankrolled for thirteen years?

Bankrolling Salford is absolutely compatible with everything he has said. If he makes the right decisions, hires the right manager, who buys the right players and they play well enough, Salford should have a chance of one day playing top European football, just like West Ham should be next season if they finish in the top four.
Except he isn't "fxcking up the league", he is acting like a good owner and doing all the right things. The things we praised our owners for rightly before they backed this closed shop, however reluctantly they may have been.
I have no problem with what we have done, I knew exactly what was going to happen when we got took over, I don't make any excuses for it unlike neville. I have an issue with him parading around on Sky like he is the last bastion of hope for everything good with football when he is in bed with a billionare bank rolling a league 2 team for his own benefit.

Salford shouldn't have a chance of playing european football at all, he is bypassing decades of hard work from other teams simply because he can pay bigger wages and attract players that normally wouldn't look at League 2 twice. Exactly the same things he wants to moan about each week on the TV.

No, City are in this because ultimately this is what they want too, for themselves and the investors that have come on board.

City may have preferred it happen differently, or with the backing of UEFA or FIFA, but City who have fought UEFA and other top clubs to get a seat at the top table were never going to pass on an invite to join as a founding member of this type of competition. It is pretty much what they have wanted for the past decade. To be in at the start and set the rules.

UEFA may entice City back with promises etc, but UEFA tried to fuck us twice so what value do their promises have? The game changer could be FIFA, who are just as likely to give this their backing as oppose it.

Right now you have twelve clubs with contracts and £3.5 billion funding. What are UEFA going to do? Ban them from a competition they aren’t interested in playing in? Ban players from the Euros? Good luck with that. Also the PL, same question. Ban the six biggest clubs? Again good luck, because what would be left is the Championship version 2. You think anyone is paying billions to watch Burnley v Brighton?

Things aren’t going back to the way it was. Not for the PL and not for UEFA. The 12 clubs have already ‘won’. To get the clubs back UEFA have to offer what the ESL offers. For the PL, they need those six clubs, otherwise they just have a slightly better version of the Championship.

Interesting points but when politicians are involved things can change. Already we have our government saying no foreign players will be given visas to play in the ESL. I don’t know if they would follow through but they could do that in a day.

This is exactly how I see it .. it’s so fucking obvious for all to see ! how have we signed up to this I don’t know, what a monumental cock up .
What a chance this would of been to stick two fingers up to united and Liverpool especially, come out of it all looking good for once and maybe the tune would of started to finally change regards to our owners etc
It was these clubs that instructed uefa to introduce ffp as any means to stop us , they will do the same if this goes ahead but instead they make there own rule book .
If we don’t back out of this it’s looking very bleak , I can see some already see this as a step to far . Sad times

It's so glaringly obvious I cannot believe the very astute men that run our club didn't see it, it's staggering. Maybe they did see it and realised they were fucked if they signed up and even more fucked if they didn't. Who knows?

It's not as it still has qualification based on merit. And it's not putting two, potentially all three domestic top level competitions at risk for the sake of a league that can't ever be reached by most clubs no matter how well they play
Its on past history if rags finish 7th and West Ham finished 4th West Ham don’t qualify that’s the new revamped version!

there is no way they didn't see it coming. If they hadn't, we'd be hearing a lot more, misguided statwments, misplaced sentiments, attempts at selling it even. The total silence and the third party distant statement says they very much knew it was doomed for baklash and they would ride it out.
And more importantly they dont care what the backlash is and thats the sad thing.

I had to skip over 100 pages, I was hoping that over night we might of fucked this off, I was hoping the club who i had always thought believed in the right things played their hand and say we had no desire for this, we went along with this to expose it, but it seems we are nothing but pigs at the trough, if they don't make a uturn, and apologise then for me until these greedy don't give a fuck owners leave OUR club i am finished with city, they are custodians of OUR club nothing more, until they about turn or fuck off then I'm done, 50 odd years I've given to the club, blood and tears for this club, until we do the right thing for football I'm done ,
Same as you pal, I will turn my back on the club I’ve loved, laughed & cried with for over half a century. And I would like to think many other match going Blues will do the same and vote with their feet!
Im too long in the tooth and too principled a fucker to be blatantly taken the piss out of like this!
I will not be party to financially bailing out those who would fuck us up the arse (& have tried to in the past) at the drop of a hat!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.