The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Most people on here don't want this new SL. That's fine but most people on here don't like the CL - always playing the same crap clubs before the 'fun' really starts. So, what is your answer?? The new CL proposal by UEFA will probably mean more of the same crap games but less money because it will have to spread further. What is your answer?

I have no problem with what we have done, I knew exactly what was going to happen when we got took over, I don't make any excuses for it unlike neville. I have an issue with him parading around on Sky like he is the last bastion of hope for everything good with football when he is in bed with a billionare bank rolling a league 2 team for his own benefit.

Salford shouldn't have a chance of playing european football at all, he is bypassing decades of hard work from other teams simply because he can pay bigger wages and attract players that normally wouldn't look at League 2 twice. Exactly the same things he wants to moan about each week on the TV.
Name a single sentence where he defended himself over anything? It wasn't about money in football, you say yourself we have all by and large accepted that as a fact of life... This is a different question altogether, it's about having competition within our competitions FFS.

He hasn't done anything wrong in regards to Salford, but it wasn't actually him that mentioned Salford. He has been a positive for the club, the community, and the competition, during his time as a co-owner. I believe the Sheikh has been too, right up until we signed this agreement that flies in the face of everything we have done, everything we have built.

Yes but we need global recognition as being one of, if not the most successful clubs in world football. Which is not possible if the top 10 clubs play in a competition we are not in.
Forget global recognition, let me tell you when Liverpool was having training session in my country they sold out entry passes with a price more expensive than a ticket for a City pre season match here.

City are years behind Liverpool globally and following them to this hole will not change that, and that is just one club Liverpool.

There's emotion, romance, and football fandom. Then there's the realities of a board of directors and the fiduciary duties of that board. Your post is pot on.

The question of returns is really at the root of this. The Americans want to jack their returns up and FAST. Roman and Mansour can probably afford to sit on the asset for another ten years, but the reality is with Silver Lake at the table also and with the harsh fact that they are going to go and head and try and do this regardless of City's stance, City had little choice.

Be on the outside pissing in or on the inside pissing out.
Then the game's gone

Yes, they want a guaranteed return on their investment, the ESL concept gives them that guarantee. Mansour is no different. The only difference would be accepting a longer timeframe to see that return than your average venture capitalist.

Silver Lake, an American equity fund, bought a 10% share in CFG. You reckon they were buying in for the romance or a healthy return on that investment? How do you think they would react if City passed on an invite to join a franchise model with 11 of the biggest clubs in world football and a guaranteed £350m sign on payment?
I understand that Bob, But you cant just tread over everyone else to get a bigger share of the pie. Sport is and should be a bit different as it gives a huge amount of people pleasure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.