The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Just seen Infantinos press conference, he said FIFA is built on fairness, equality and honesty. The same organisation that's been found guilty of back handers, corruption and giving world cups to Russia and Qatar.
Whether it be this new shit show super league, eufa, fifa and all, it's all about getting there greedy paws as deep into the pot as possible.
The only people who show any loyalty and integrity are us fans, who continue to get fleeced by the parasites at the top of the tree

I’m so far behind in this thread, apologies if this point has been made......Currently there are 12 teams in this super league, with 3 more permanent members, as yet unnamed, to be added. There’ll then be 5 invites for non-permanent clubs to make up the 20....what if the 3 and the 5, say “actually, we don’t think this is a good idea anymore...”?
Could the 12 end up in a perpetual Harlem Globetrotter tour of faded stars or do they go back, cap in hand to their domestic leagues and UEFA...?
I don't the answer but this is a really good point. Given the level of horror and opposition to this ludicrous super league idea, which club in their right mind would join this shitshow?

But how does it go wrong?

However, lets say the super league lasts 5 years and we make 850m in revenue which is a nice tidy sum just off that one tournament.

If it does go tits up, we all go back to UEFA and they cry at the feet of the chairman and thank the heavens for us coming back and all is forgotten.

Yeah that’s only one scenario. No offence but the others would take too long to type!

FIFA boss putting his best Dr Evil voice on. Telling clubs "You're either in or you're out"

The rhetoric is to boot us out. Have City joined the XFL of football?
Don't know why but i said this in my head in Ivan Drago's voice.

Well he is a businessman.

Sheikh Mansour is not going anywhere, he is just finally getting a return, so do SilverLake and so do the Chinese. Unfortunately thats how this world works.

I don't deny it, but you're talking about him jettisoning all the good will built up since the take over for this when, ostensibly, the club were progressing just fine thankyouverymuch.

That said, if you put it down to simply the Sheikh cashing in, then that's all the more reason for fans to resist.

That's a contradiction right there in your first two sentences. The fact that West Ham can qualify for the CL means it's not a closed shop.
Yeah they can qualify but they aint never gonna win it with their current team, it will just make it harder for them as they will be playing at leat twice a week and their league form is likely to suffer. The same way 'any citizen' can become US President.

Most people on here don't want this new SL. That's fine but most people on here don't like the CL - always playing the same crap clubs before the 'fun' really starts. So, what is your answer?? The new CL proposal by UEFA will probably mean more of the same crap games but less money because it will have to spread further. What is your answer?
In an ideal world the answer is Champions League minus weighting and minus any notion of FFP.

In the world we are in we have two options; Super League, or Champions League.

The latter is the only chance of keeping *any* thread of competitiveness, credibility and entertainment in the game we love.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.