The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Oh yes, have they finished the building in the centre
Nearly, lovely hotel on the centre island. Next time I walk the dog I’ll try and remember to grab a photo. Sadly doubt the inside will finished by the time I leave in the summer.

An excellent and well thought out article.
Pity some fans can`t get the gist of this.
Our Owner and his staff would have taken the view "damned if we do, damned if we don`t".

This is one of the ways it could be looked at. It’s more that plausible that the club could have thought aligning with UEFA would have seen a similar fan backlash. We boo them every game after all.

I’m not really interested in arguing, because it makes people look stupid when they argue without all the facts. I’m not saying you’re wrong. Khaldoon is indeed as you say, but the other clubs are also ran by intelligent, successful & no doubt manipulative people too. They may well be fully aware of Khaldoon’s acumen and that’s why they did give us such a small window to make such a big decision.

All we do know for certain is, we were in and out within 48 hours. That doesn’t scream well thought out, confident and committed to me. It’s screams rushed judgement.

Again, these are incredibly rich and powerful people. If the ESL were indeed something we were deeply committed to, a couple of graffitied bed sheets and Gary Neville wouldn’t have made the slightest dent.
The other clubs are run by successful, clever men, but they are men that invest for a return, a very , very big
difference.

I though we were run to boost a Nations PR, a living , amazing advert of how their nation works and is seen to the wider world.

I've just seen Oliver Dowden (Culture minister) in front of a big picture of the Queen with his red box in shot, and saying what the government might do about football governance.

Why is a Tory government suddenly against foreign ownership of businesses, and against profits and corporate greed?

For the record, the last Labour manifesto said:

"In football, the professional game
has become divided between the
extremes of the very rich and the very
poor with clubs in Bury and Bolton
facing collapse. A Labour government
will examine the state of the game,
its governance and regulation, its
ownership rules and the support and
funding of the clubs that are vital to
local communities. We will review the
‘fit and proper person test’ for club
owners and directors and ensure that
supporters’ trusts have a proper role so
that the professional game is properly
run for all its fans and all its clubs.

"A Labour government will legislate for
accredited football supporters’ trusts to
be able to appoint and remove at least
two club directors and purchase shares
when clubs change hands. We will
regulate safe standing in stadiums and
ensure that a proportion of the Premier
League’s television rights income is
spent on grassroots football facilities."
Oh, and "this week we've announced a fan-led review". It was in the Tory manifesto and nothing had happened. Last year Labour was asking for it "before it's too late".

It’s starting to sound like this was a decision made without even soriano’s knowledge. Cynic in me suggests they are trying to cover for him so he can keep his job.

Relieved that is all over.

We joined out of fear and probably seen it as a chance to level the score with the cartel. This was never our fight.

Bloody nose and hopefully we can now build bridges within Uefa. City are not the enemy of football, it’s the greedy yanks who leverage clubs.

Whether this was a ploy or a mistake by the club we will never know. In the end we got what we wanted and it also give the owners a reminder that it is ‘OUR’ Club and always will be.
Yes you would like to think Uefa recognised and will allow us some credit for bringing it all down. A seat in the committee will demonstrate that.

I wish people on here would fuck off with suggesting a points deduction.
The players earned those points not the management. The players had nothing to do with this.

If there has to be a punishment, then it should be financial. That would affect the management, while leaving the sporting achievements alone...

I’ve not read this thread so apologies if this point has already been made. If you demanded Haaland and mocked Ings, you were effectively calling for a European Super League or it’s UEFA equivalent. Yes we want promotion and relegation but the money to pay for Haaland isn’t generated by City under current structures.

I was happy with Goater and Dickov btw.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.