Pep Guardiola - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Provided he plays his best eleven or at least a strong eleven we will be champions . His stubbornness to change the game yesterday down that left side shows he has an achilles heel. He just refuses to solve glaring problems in games. You'd think that the staff would even help but they cant ,not when he has a game plan as it must be carried out at all costs.
If he brings on Zinchenko ,Bernardo/ Foden , Gundogan on 60 mins we possibly a win ,get a draw . But no. Bringing on Zinchenko would be an admission that he'd got it wrong from the start. Instead of seeing that he could be praised for making such a decision he takes the negative view. He may think that if he brought such and such a player on and we lost then he would lose more credibility. Ok that is true but then don't pick such a weakened left hand side from the start . We all knew the dangers yesterday in the pre match thread even though some of us were saying ok, we put up with it ,nothing we can do. let's go with what we have and it might come off. But when you're trying to win the PL you've got to put out a team that is not just depending on good fortune - it very nearly did but if he puts out a stronger 11 we get something out of the game.

I wasn't happy about the starting XI but we went in 1-0 up at half-time (and really should have been 2-0).

Then he should have changed things, putting Bernardo and either Gundogan or Foden on for Aguero and Mendy and going to a 4-3-3, with Cancelo and Ake as full backs. We then get more control over the game. But he didn't and even failed to change it when it became clear it wasn't working. Not one of his finest hours.

One thing is for Certain when we play in the final we will need to deal with that young Chelsea playerJames he was very good yesterday. I know Mendy was bad but James is a big threat on that side

Our record at Wembley is very good and we have played there far more than Chelsea in recent years, so if anything it’s more familiar to us .
I just want a European Cup final to be in Europe not on home soil, it’s our first one and I think it would suit Pep and our players, if it was played in Spain, Portugal, Germany etc, Just my opinion bud

One thing is for Certain when we play in the final we will need to deal with that young Chelsea playerJames he was very good yesterday. I know Mendy was bad but James is a big threat on that side
I doubt James will be playing although the fact he played so well might get Tuchel thinking.
Chilwell, Havertz and Mount will be 3 starters that didn't play yesterday.

The last 3 defeats have all been because he has rotated the team too much. Yesterday he literally put a team together of people who didn’t play midweek regardless of the messed up formation.

It was the anthesis of what he stands for, ie one midfielder in the whole team. It is very annoying as it is obvious the team is so unbalanced and he doesn’t seem to care. You can’t beat decent teams like that. Yes you get odd games that work like Palace and yesterday may have worked if we scored the penalty but we weren’t great overall.

Chelsea might as well be playing a different team when we meet in the Champions League final. I remain confident that our best team, as in the second semi, will comprehensively beat them.

The last 3 defeats have all been because he has rotated the team too much. Yesterday he literally put a team together of people who didn’t play midweek regardless of the messed up formation.

It was the anthesis of what he stands for, ie one midfielder in the whole team. It is very annoying as it is obvious the team is so unbalanced and he doesn’t seem to care. You can’t beat decent teams like that. Yes you get odd games that work like Palace and yesterday may have worked if we scored the penalty but we weren’t great overall.
I don’t agree that Pep doesn’t care but you are right about over rotation being the reason for the the last three home defeats.

Not really arsed about the team selection. We need to rest players and we need to give minutes to players to keep them happy and also to give them a chance to impress. Some of those players keep failing to take those chances.

That being said, there's a lot more he could have done in the second half to regain control.

I would be dangerous against Ben Mendy and Im 56 and about 5 stone overweight, he has lost any pace he had before his injuries. Surely he will be shipped out in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.