Who’s gone in the summer?

The one that I'm worried about is Laporte, I've got a bad feeling that he maybe involved in a potential swap deal for Kane.

Stones was the most likely to leave last season but he stuck around. Aguero and Garcia are the only departures. If Sterling was the other departure City would of announced it by now as he is still one of our high profile players.

Last edited:
Laporte was quoted in an earlier interview that he would assess his options - in regards to playing time

Not happy with not being picked for France so he made the decision to switch to Spain.

He could possibly want guaranteed playing time, which under Pep you dont get

Would not sell any of Jesus, Sterling, Laporte this summer. They did not have the best season based on form/playing time etc, but one thing is sure that form is changing and Laporte has beast of a season earlier same with Sterling around 2018-19.

Which means that depsite Mahrez and Gundo had great season this time around probably their greatest individual season at City, about before this season they were FFS Mahrez and please dont never have Gundo on starting line up anymore as per the pre match threads in general. And dont get me started on Stones who was about to be shipped out to West Ham maybe...

So form can and does changes a lot, apart from someone like Mendy we need to be very clever who we move out.

If someone decides they want to leave no matter what of course its better to sell them before further distractions. But generally its harder to get someone like with Laporte's skill set or better that is happy to sit on the bench as much as he did this season. he was bought as a certain starter for us not a 3rd choice CB.
If Sterling and Jesus has a great summer with th national teams certainly wont be back next season happy to play second role behind Foden/Mahrez another expensive top striker and nothing wrong with that they are more than good enough imo to be starters at teams going for title in top leagues when on form.

If we want to upgrade on someone like Sterling, yes lets do it get a player like Mbappe and he will play 90% of time when not injured. I am all for it.

Make no mistake getting Harry Kane or Haaland would seriously cut Jesus's playing time as he probably did not play that much he wanted and that was with Aguero being completely out for 75% of the season. Had Aguero been fully fit Jesus would of played even less.
That would never happen to Haaland at City.

I think this will be a very hard one to manage, because this season we managed to keep the pressure on, when we did have injuries, because the quality of the side did not really dip when we had injuries.

If Mendy left, we could look for a quality replacement to challenge Zinc, along with Cancelo covering.

I don't think it would be too drastic letting Ake go as well, if we could recoup the majority of his transfer, plus we can keep hold of Laporte. If Laporte wants to leave, would we be able to obtain a quality replacement, or would we be confident with Ake filling his number three CB slot?

Bernardo and Gundo I don't think we would want to go anywhere, as they are constants in our side nowadays, especially as Gundo went to another level this season, and Bernardo has recovered his from from last season's dip.

Mahrez............he's not going anywhere, he has been one of our go to players in the major games.

Jesus, he is a harder one, and I believe it will depend on who is coming in to replace Aguero, although I really cannot see us replacing both of our front line strikers, during the same transfer window. Jesus has also been operating wider as well, so I believe it will not be a direct competition with the new addition, because as has been seen, he has operated recently in the same team as Aguero.

Stones was the most likely to leave last season but he stuck around. Aguero and Garcia are the only departures. If Sterling was the other departure City would of announced it by now as he is still one of our high profile players.
Would they on the verge of a Champions League final? Not a chance.

Sterling could well be moving on but he could also come off the bench a score the winning goal on Saturday and become a club legend and create another Aguero iconic moment.

Let's finish the season before telling or selling any of our players.

Aguero was a different case, a player whom has shown incredibly loyalty and dedication, he was treated with respect , even if hurt him badly if reports are to be believed. At least he was given time to find himself a new club, and what a move he has got at the end of his career.

Laporte is a high possibility for wanting to move on - he has stated this himself in an interview.

Sterling has been a fantastic servent but he could now want a permanent place - which is just not going to happen under Pep. Phil has already displaced him and is also a better finisher. Sterlings form has been very poor this season, he looks like he cant beat a nan and we know he fails to convert chances.

Grealish for me would be an ideal replacement of Sterling, if he was to leave. Grealish would convert more of the scoring opportunities than sterling gets......But no way sterling will go spurs

Kane is a no brainer, but we would all accept Haaland as well. We know someone big as the main striker will arrive this summer

The fear from the other fanbases if we sign Kane, also applies to Haaland.

Sign one of those 2, plus Grealish and possibly another and we are set

I dont buy into kane going to the rags makes them champions elect like the ex-rag players keep spouting. They have issues in other areas that need addressing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.