Who’s gone in the summer?

I think we’ll see a bit of a clear out.

Dave and Bravo obviously and I wouldn’t be surprised to see Cancelo, Otamendi, Zinchenko, Angelino, Mahrez (for the right price) and Sane all go. Stones is another possibility.

We need a centre back, two full backs and to give some of the young players more game time.

One silver lining to the stoppage could be a forced rest for a hyperenergetic Pep may translate to a greater willingness to extend his contract in a meaningful way.

If historically he has worked in 3-4 year bursts, he may be able to come back whenever action resumes as a restart for a second sequence. I certainly would be surprised to see him leave at the end of his current contract next June if EPL doesn’t resume until sometime in 2021 as seems most likely.

I can predict with damn near certainty that he’s going to be bouncing off the walls.
One of very few positives that might come out of all this.

Out:

bravo (free)
Merlin (free)
Otamendi (£20m)
Tosin (£20m)
Angelino (£25m)
Gundogan (£25m)
Sane (£80m)
Jack Harrison (£10m)
Patrick Roberts (£8m)

In:

steffen
Upamecano (£45m)
Pau Torres (£25m)
Alaba (£40m)
Sancho (£100m)

One of very few positives that might come out of all this.

Looking at the impact in Catalonia and the way things could progress there, I don’t think it’s even certain he’ll have the stomach to carry on with football. He certainly doesn’t need the cash. I mean he might well do, football has been his life so far, but from what I’ve seen and heard and read of him, I think there is a chance he might want a break at the very least.
From a City pov I of course really hope not...

This would be a good and pretty realistic transfer window in my opinion:

Out (£120m):
Bravo
Silva
Otamendi (20m)
Stones (40m)
Angelino (25m)
Gundogan (35m)

In (£135m):
Upamecano (50m release clause)
Digne/Tagliafico (40m)
Partey (45m release clause)

Great way of freshening up the squad by getting rid of deadwood and promoting within. Steffen to replace Bravo. Foden to replace Silva. E. Garcia to replace Otamendi.

Our attack and offensive midfield is great and at a good age, so no need to spend big money there. Maybe smart to buy someone like Boadu or Osihmen and loan him out do he's to challenge Jesus when Aguero leaves

think we’d be lucky to get 25 mill for stones and around 10 mill maximum for ota

We will not sell Stones and Otamendi will be a free due to the 19/20 CL getting played after the transfer window, whoever moves is ineligible and we are still in it

Obviously there’s a few out of contract but honestly can’t see many full blown transfers this summer. There will be issues over when or if the season will start, most clubs will have financial concerns - some will be going out of business so I doubt mny clubs will want to be spending very much or increasing their salary bill. This all makes the constant press speculation linking everyone with the Rags even more ridiculous because I sense they will be feeling the pinch more than most.

Angelino- 15m
Stones - 25m
Ota - 10m
Sancho - the 15% we get around 15m
Bravo / silva - free

think this will be the only departures

I think we need a centre back for the 1st team and one for cover also id sign another defensive midfielder who can cover the ground like fern did.also a left back is a must.
I completely agree with this, this season I thought we could get away with Fernandinho, Stones and Otamendi but that's not worked out as well as planned with Laporte's injury. It has just highlighted the need for a backup left sided CB and also a first choice CB to partner Laporte.

I think now would be an ideal time to go for de Ligt and Ake, give Stones an extra year simply because I don't think we'd get our money back on him anyway and it's worth the gamble if he matures.

The DM position is a nightmare one though because Rodri is first choice but we need someone who can partner him in certain games or at times within games, who is also good enough. Players good enough aren't necessarily going to want to come to sit on the bench.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.