The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Whilst no one wanted the ESL surely we cannot go on with UEFA for ever.
Unfortunately this stupid breakaway idea only seems to have strengthened their position.
It looks as though we are stuck with them for a while.

Whilst no one wanted the ESL surely we cannot go on with UEFA for ever.
Unfortunately this stupid breakaway idea only seems to have strengthened their position.
It looks as though we are stuck with them for a while.
UEFA is the better choice, because the alternative would be to be governed by the likes of Henry, Perez, Agnelli, Kroenke, Glazers.

Fuck me if these teams keep breaking rules they might actually refloat grass roots football for a good few years.
Makes me laugh these fines being handed down like the Premier League are somehow saviours of football.
They should be doing stuff like that anyway.

I am at a loss as to which PL rules we broke by wanting to join a European league which would have been in place of the CL and not the PL!!!
Exactly. We left the UEFA Champions League. The F.A. Sit under UEFA, the Premier League is a different body. As far as I can see, the only body that has any recourse is UEFA who have dealt with the matter by securing a £100 million fine if the clubs attempt to leave again.
The Premier League could maybe argue we damaged the structure or brought them into disrepute, but given how they came into existence they would be on a sticky wicket in a court of law.
Sky have announced this as £20 million each team as I understood it.

Reactions: CC1
There was a pretty good BBC thning about all of this recently on iPlayer:

But it never addressed the one issue I had and it strangely never seemed to be discussed at the time - had the ESL gone ahead, it must have meant the European Cup/Champions league would have to end. They said it was a mid-week based league (presumably, to pacify the individual coutries home authorities) but they said nothing about the big cup.

During those tricky 3 days I was thinking this: "....but I still want to win the CL & I STILL DO! just so the scousers & the Man U people and the Villa fans and the Chelsea fans and the Nottigham Forest fans (have I forgotten anyone) don't have the arguement to say they are better than us."

If this stupid ESL have gone ahead it would never have been possible, because the European Cup/CL would have been consigned to history.

Am I talking sense?

Last edited:
Don't agree with the fine from the prem ,the uefa penalty given out should of been sufficient .
Didn't get off the ground & didn't effect the prem .
Bunch of wankers .

Exactly. We left the UEFA Champions League. The F.A. Sit under UEFA, the Premier League is a different body. As far as I can see, the only body that has any recourse is UEFA who have dealt with the matter by securing a £100 million fine if the clubs attempt to leave again.
The Premier League could maybe argue we damaged the structure or brought them into disrepute, but given how they came into existence they would be on a sticky wicket in a court of law.
Sky have announced this as £20 million each team as I understood it.
£20M between all six, NOT each.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.