Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boris is trying to pass this as a win for the wedding industry, it simply isn't!

I can have my full guestlist at my wedding now, which is great. But they can't fucking do anything after they arrive! It's a load of fear-mongering bollocks at this point.

I hope people have their weddings, dance and be merry. People are mixing in pubs and beer gardens, all congregating and hugging, singing at football games, it's like some weird form of 1984 control now. Millions are jabbed, let the frightened stay indoors, let the rest of us live our lives. It will be four more weeks forever at this rate.

It's not a wedding if people aren't allowed to dance. We're basically asking 100+ people to come and sit in a mask all day and not talk to interact with anyone other than their own household. What's the point?

And I'm paying tens of thousands of pounds for that privilege....

you could split the event into 2. get married with close family then have the reception later. lots of couples do it when they get married abroad.

Not ideal for most but could be a way forward.

I hope people have their weddings, dance and be merry. People are mixing in pubs and beer gardens, all congregating and hugging, singing at football games, it's like some weird form of 1984 control now. Millions are jabbed, let the frightened stay indoors, let the rest of us live our lives. It will be four more weeks forever at this rate.

If there are 4 more weeks past this 4, its will be because of stuff like this.

It's not a wedding if people aren't allowed to dance. We're basically asking 100+ people to come and sit in a mask all day and not talk to interact with anyone other than their own household. What's the point?

And I'm paying tens of thousands of pounds for that privilege....
There were a couple on the news last night who were saying they were having 140 people at their wedding. What will they all do? I assume if you book some sort of anonymous venue, do you own catering etc, would anyone know what went on in there?

There were a couple on the news last night who were saying they were having 140 people at their wedding. What will they all do? I assume if you book some sort of anonymous venue, do you own catering etc, would anyone know what went on in there?

Some killjoy will grass them up or report footage of it when they upload it online, which somebody will.

All over-18s in England should be able to book jab by end of week - NHS boss​

All adults in England should be able to book their Covid-19 jab "by the end of this week", NHS England's chief executive says.
Speaking at the NHS Confederation annual conference, Sir Simon Stevens predicts the national booking service will be open to all adults aged 18 and above by the end of the week.
He says the health service will "finish the job" of the Covid vaccination programme to the "greatest extent possible" over the next four weeks; adding that by 19 July, it aims to have offered two thirds of adults in England both vaccine doses.
He cites today's extension of the rollout to 23 and 24-year-olds as evidence of the "great strides" the health service is making towards this goal.
He adds: "Of course, vaccine supply continues to be constrained, so we're pacing ourselves at precisely the rate of which we're getting that extra vaccine supply between now and July 19."

Currently we are averaging about 500k vaccines a day so that will get us to around 63% of the population in 27 days (source Reuters Covid tracker) so Stevens about right.

The constraint in the supply means we can’t get above 500k. No idea if constraint will cause a dip in the 500k daily average.

Fingers crossed.

Currently we are averaging about 500k vaccines a day so that will get us to around 63% of the population in 27 days (source Reuters Covid tracker) so Stevens about right.

The constraint in the supply means we can’t get above 500k. No idea if constraint will cause a dip in the 500k daily average.

Fingers crossed.
The main issue with supply is that all the >40yr olds are having the Pfizer/Moderna jabs of which supplies come in from abroad and are limited. the UK has large amounts of AZ vaccine but that only useful for first/second jabs for >40s the pool of which is reducing quickly as everyone gets jabbed.

The BBC are to blame for lockdown? We also have SAGE being blamed for lockdown too.

Yet Government seemingly gets off scot-free with increased leads in the polls.

A lot of people have been easily fooled by this Government. It's as if they know a large part of the population are genuinely stupid.
Good - some of them should be questioned.
The USA has 64% of people received their 1st jab & 54% their 2nd.
The UK has 79% / 57%.
The USA now has more or less opened up.
To pose an obvious question why can't we yet 15% MORE have had their 1st jab here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.