Harry Kane

Going to be very interesting if we haven’t signed Kane by the time of the opening game but we are still in for him. Would he play against his potential new club, would his head be in the right place?

That wouldn't do Spurs any good at all

They'd end up with a player un-motivated to play against his next club and no replacement in place
Think it will be straight after the Euros and Copa America.
They will obviously be looking at a replacement and will wait to see if he/they come through the competitions unscathed......if they are playing in one.....just opinion.

Think Levy will drag it out until after the opening game.

Think they've changed it so then window for the PL shuts before the games start. Not sure how itnworks out this year.

If Levy were to drag it out, i could see the club switching targets (assuming he teally is the top target as per the expectation). Hopefully.

Think they've changed it so then window for the PL shuts before the games start. Not sure how itnworks out this year.

If Levy were to drag it out, i could see the club switching targets (assuming he teally is the top target as per the expectation). Hopefully.
They change it now is until august 31.

Going to be very interesting if we haven’t signed Kane by the time of the opening game but we are still in for him. Would he play against his potential new club, would his head be in the right place?

Don't think it's of any benefit to Spurs or Levy to drag this one out.

It's clear Kane wants out and their new managerial appointment will only reaffirm that desire.

Sell Kane early and they get a significant chunk of cash to reinvest into the squad to mould a new side under their new DOF/Manager.

Hold on to Kane, in full knowledge he wants out, and you're just delaying the ability to action that restructure. They could quite conceivably sign 3 quality players with the money they get from Kane, but they'll need time (and the funds) to get them over the line. They can't plan this until they know Kane is gone.

Levy can give it billy big bollocks to the media, but the last thing he will want is a public transfer when their golden boy is the one wanting to leave. It's a narrative he can't win IMO, as Kane is going to have his sympathisers.

Will be done either way by July I reckon and I would be very surprised at this stage if Kane is still at Spurs come August.

Never knew he played at Leyton Orient,Millwall,Norwich and Leicester,also had 12 month at Arsenal.
Arsenal flirted him from their youth set up for being "un athletic "
Wenger wasn't happy about it,apparently.

Last edited:
If we do sign him there will be some quiet back room arrangement whereby Kane doesn’t play the first game. A convenient ‘injury’ or some such. Against the PL rules but happens all the time.
No way does Levy want scenes like those at their last home game to start a new season with a new manager.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.