Harry Kane

Harry Kane is a proven Premier League goal scorer and will score bag loads for us. However, many of those goals will come against teams outside of the top six. For me, in the current depressed market due to Coronavirus with his ability, age and injury record taken into consideration, he’s worth about £80-£85 million. The remaining £15-£65 million is based on English player tax, press hype and a stubborn inability of everyone outside of the club to understand we don’t pay silly amounts for players. Twelve years on and everybody thinks our club is immune from the effects of Coronavirus and we are going to be a meal ticket for Spurs or Villa whilst selling off our own players at less than market value.

As domalino pointed out, only 7 times has a club paid over £100 million for a player. I’ll be amazed if Manchester City or anybody else do so this summer. The clubs that have paid those sums are in a mess on the whole.
Double like, although disagree he will score loads. He won’t suit our style of play.

70m plus either Sterling or Jesus
Why would they go to Spurs, the club is in a big whole with no escape. Mid table beckons even if they manage to sell Kane. They would have to have a near perfect reinvestment to even manage a top 6 finish… it’s just not happening.

Yeah, the narrative will be that he's damaged goods if we did sign him, poor player dreadful Euros etc etc
Good thing is if we do end up buying him his price has gone down quite a bit. Levy will be anxious that his form improves.

Last edited:
Not a dig at the podcast because I think it's very good but don't they get most of their transfer info from Sam Lee? I know they've had him on as a guest quite a few times anyway. If it has come from him then I would be a bit dubious about how true that is.

I feel confident enough to say that the info Pep has personally demanded Kane hasn’t come from Sam Lee but I’m sure @BillyShears can confirm

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.