Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm like that with hats and shoes. Look great in the shop, a let down when I try them on.

Fortunately, I can put them back on the shelf and walk away; something you can't do with a player.

There are many factors to consider when buying a player other than what they look like at another club, or worse still, a highlights reel.

Get it wrong and you're probably stuck with them for years... Mangala, Jovetic, and Bony spring to mind.

Like Txiki or not... He's got a tough job.
Kevin De Bruyne, Ruben Diaz and Raheem Sterling say hello! ;)

Yes, mate, you're entitled to believe you're good...and we're entitled to believe we can challenge for top 4 in the near future, and express that belief. I personally don't get into the 'we're massive' dick-swinging' debates, so don't aim that at me, ta! :-) Don't get why you'd be snippy about it. Humble doesn't come into your comment. Football fans, we're all dreamers, aren't we?

I think my reaction was more an accumulative response to a lot of nonsense, imo, that I've read on this thread about Jack, and Villa. United fans on RC were actually a lot more level-headed and 'humble', on the whole, about Jack when he was 'nailed on' to go there last summer, tbh. Guess it's all about expectations.

Reading your thoughts on him and our project, (hate that phrase, tbh :-)) maybe we're both sounding off at the wrong person. :-)

...and, yes, he'd look fantastic in your team. But this summer is not the time, imo, given where Villa are atm and who Jack is as a person.

Just picking up your last line, why do you think this isn't the time for Jack to leave?

Villa have invested significantly with Buendia and you've got some good players with the potential to improve further. But your form dipped when Jack was injured so it's arguable he remains influential to the clubs position. That might be exactly what you mean in terms of him not leaving until he knows the club can function/survive without him. But the fee they generate from his sale this summer, when it's possibly at its ceiling, would help considerably in them building without him.

Next summer there will be a World Cup on the horizon but his form in the Euro's will be a distant memory and if his level has dropped for Villa the chance might never come again. I think he's an excellent player who is unlikely to decline but it could be through injury that he misses the boat. He turns 26 in a couple of months. He's the perfect age to go and get a 5 year deal somewhere that gives him the chance to win things.

He certainly backs himself so I doubt he thinks it's now or never, but equally having been so close to success with England he might feel his time is now.

I'm like that with hats and shoes. Look great in the shop, a let down when I try them on.

Fortunately, I can put them back on the shelf and walk away; something you can't do with a player.

There are many factors to consider when buying a player other than what they look like at another club, or worse still, a highlights reel.

Get it wrong and you're probably stuck with them for years... Mangala, Jovetic, and Bony spring to mind.

Like Txiki or not... He's got a tough job.
What kind of titfer do you try on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.